Tweak suggestions for drivers

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by gorillacooch, Apr 22, 2012.

1. gorillacooch

gorillacooch New Member

Is there anyway you can get the bass to support the 15-20hz range? I own a high end sound system with an Elemental Designs custom built 190v2 diy kit subwoofer which they no longer offer but you can ask about. It's a big 18" subwoofer that is 3 ft tall 2 ft wide and 2 ft deep. My subwoofer can go down to the 18hz range. I own the X-fi forte and I read of its frequency limitations. I tried the Asus xonar essence st but that was garbage. It crashed all the time and BF3 wouldnt work and it didn't sound as good as the hype has been giving it. I preferred the sound of my Forte.

To give you an idea of my system I run Mirage OMD-28, OMD-15, OMD-5, and OMD-C2. I also have an Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, and Integra DTC-9.8 pre/pro. I love my Forte and really want it to sound better but I fear I'm being limited with the frequency range.

The following is a real big long shot but I thought I'd ask: Is it possible to get the Xonar H6 or the HT Omega XT card to work with the Forte or the titanium HD? I love Auzentech/xfi cards and I'm loyal for life to them I just want the ability to upgrade my opamps on my card to different ones and they don't have that ability with the x-fi/auzentech cards, only the front channels.

2. ESOTER1C

ESOTER1C New Member

Question for Gorillacooch

I realize my post will not answer your questions but I am hoping maybe you can answer mine...

Several years ago a dear friend of mine and I used to set for hours listening to music on his Mirage M3's. They were the most impressive speakers I had ever heard, and for years I have admired the mirage brand. I am now at the point in life where I can afford to step up my audiophile game and I am seeing the Omd-28's and Omd-15's prices have been drastically reduced. With the 28's at $1399 a piece and the 15's at $399 a piece which is ridiculously low, I figure it's past time I pull the trigger and put together a system for myself.

I am trying to decide whether to get the 15's or 28's, then (as usual) I start thinking really big and figure why not get the 28's up front and the 15's for my rears! WOOHOO! Then other questions came up like do they work well together (how could they not, right?!), would it be too much for my 15x20 living room, etc. Also, I am a noob when it comes to monoblocks & such and had decided on some Emotiva XPA-1's to drive the 28's and to use a Marantz SR7005 for the 15's, but I don't even know if or how this works. Will the Marantz control the XPA's and drive the 15's??

Anyway... I searched and see you are running a lot of the same components I was considering and figured you could shed some light on all these questions. Being so new to this high end audio, any help from you or anyone else on here to get me off in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

~Eso

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Do you have links you want get so I take look?