Twitch chat managed to land a plane in Microsoft Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

As anyone who watched Twitch Plays Pokémon will know, handing the controller over to Twitch chat can be chaotic at best, platform-breaking at worst. Yet somewhat surprisingly, the hordes managed to fly a plane in Microsoft Flight Sim - even completing some risky manoeuvres and successfully landing the aircraft.

The experiment was hosted by Rami Ismail, co-founder of Vlambeer, who set up the stream allowing Twitch chat members to change the speed, heading and target altitude of a Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner (amongst other functions). Surprisingly, Twitch chat was able to take off from Košice International Airport, fly around for about an hour, perform a barrel roll and then return to the Slovakian airport where the flight began. Not bad considering the plane had dozens of pilots.

2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

It seems that flight model in msfs is too easy. I do not know how it changes with setting difficulty level though.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

far as the one person i know that is ALL about super realism... 2020 allows from basically arcade style play (so anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can get airborn and "fly").... through to pure simulation where you can eat dirt before ever managing to take off. It's entirely up to the user... or so i understand that's how it is.

arb65912 likes this.
  4. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I do know about the first scenario, second one I need to check as there are quite large feedback on the reality level as far as flight model.