Two X-fi's installed?

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by neurogenesis, Sep 12, 2014.

1. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

I have a X-Fi PCIe titanium fatality and a X-Fi PCIe Titanium HD installed on my system. I was planning on using the using the fatality for gaming and my 5.1 analog headset and the titanium HD for my studio monitors which require teh coax out.

I can get audio out of the HD with no issue. However I am not getting any audio out of the Fatality. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Never heard of someone having two X-Fis in one system. Only thing I can think of is setting the output in the Sound section in Windows Control Panel.

3. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

i actually found a thread on hardocp with someone trying to do this with an audigy instead of the titanium fatality. it didnt say if they actually got it to work though.

I guess my question is whether or not one could change the driver "name" thats being installed so Windows isnt trying to associate the same driver for both cards. right now it isnt showing up that there are two cards installed, just one.

4. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

5. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

I should also note that if i take the HD out then the fatality starts working, put it back and im in the same situation

6. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Member

I have an X-fi Fatal1ty gamer pro PCI and an Blaster Z Pcie, the X-fi is using latest driver from creative for windows 8.1 and the Blaster Z is using the latest drivers from creative. I can confirm they work fine together. The motherboard sound is disabled, this system has an A10-6800k APU the motherboard is an ASUS A85XM-A if that helps any.

7. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

do they both use the same xfi driver? or are they seperate? I think my issue right now is that these two cards are from teh same generation

8. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You need just select which device in control panel if you want do this way that easy or make it default in audio control panel near your clock in speaker icon.

9. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

Well I have it working...somewhat... since both are labeled as the X-Fi it appears that the OS is applying a "High Definition Audio Device" name to the last card that was inserted into the system. The problem with this is that I can't configure it with the X-Fi driver.

10. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I think this may be the fact that the device is reporting itself to Windows as an audio device but that there is no driver associated with it. If you have a GPU in the system with HDMI audio it will display in the CPL as a High Definition Audio Device if you don't install the drivers for it.

Have you tried asking on the Creative Soundblaster forums?

edit...

Just had a look there and I noticed that Daniel K has released a new XFi Support Pack. There are some interesting lines in the release notes that may be relevant to you.

- Setup now properly detects multiple devices and aborts if more than one device is found.
    - Setup now fully supports multi product installation.

This might be something completely unrelated but you should raise your question in this thread

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Member

I think you are right as the x-fi and creative z are different gen's ... I have to use two different drivers. some how Im guessing if windows has not gave them different ID's like creative 1 and 2 or creative x-fi fatal1ty and creative x-fi HD its poss they share driver and maybe causing conflicts, like if I try to use the creative blaster ASIO driver with my x-fi card then my oxygen25 controller music software will hang/crash, because the blaster ASIO driver is for the blaster z, I have to select the creative ASIO not the creative blaster ASIO driver in the software im using which is the correct driver the x-fi sound card.

12. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

I tried the driver that Jac mentioned, couldn't get it to install at all...not to mention that the thread mentioned had a post from the originator of the thread which seemed to be aimed clearly at Robert...

Anyhow, I have managed to get both cards to have the driver installed, but they both arnt working at the same time... I followed this process:
    1. Disabled Driver enforcement w/ the advanced reboot
    2. Installed Titanium driver suite
    -At this point one Creative SB X-Fi was showing and one High Definition Audio device in device manager. It would not assign the driver to both devices.
    3. Rebooted
    4. Disabled Driver enforcement w/ the advanced reboot
    5. Disabled the one Creative SB X-Fi
    6. Installed Titanium HD driver suite
    7. Rebooted
    8. Checked both cards in device manager, both are listed as Creative SB X-Fi, but one was disabled. I enabled it and got the following (Bottom most properties are for the listing with the yellow bang):
    [​IMG]

Thoughts? on what I might be able to do next?

13. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

Should also mention that I tried applying the WDM driver from the direct Creative driver package and that didn't fix the issue.

14. Robert McClelland

Maybe device id missing on gamer part? Did you check my inf see if in there?

15. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

Well heres where I am at now. I had gotten a Recon 3D Fatality, as well as the Titanium HD installed and all seemed to be working, until I started getting this crazy audio lag on the Recon 3d and then popping out of the Titanium HD. I took down the Hardware IDs of both, and decided that a) I hate the recon 3d (I already knew this) and b) for the time being I will drop only one card, the Titanium Fatality in.

When I removed, physically, the HD and the Recon 3D, and then placed the titanium fatality in I didn't even have to install drivers ( no idea if this has anything to do with the problem of having both the (T)HD and the (T)Fatality installed at the same time. The hardware IDs for all three cards are as follows:
    (Recon 3d shows up as two devices in device manager)
    Recon 3D
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020014&REV_1009
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020014

Recon 3D Audio Controller
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00141102&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00141102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&CC_040300
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&CC_0403

TitaniumHD
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000D&SUBSYS_11020043&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000D&SUBSYS_11020043

Titanium Fatality
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00431102&REV_03
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00431102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_040300
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_0403

16. Robert McClelland

Did you go threw have disk?

17. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

I don't think thats the problem at this point, it appears I get them both installed, I just cant have them both enabled at the same time. If I try one of them throws the error as shown in post #12