Unable to record on Windows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RakaRaka, Sep 2, 2013.

1. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

Hi there,

So happy using kx for multitrack recording. I have a SB0090, in XP. With my daw, the recording is fully succesful, and I think I got the DSP under control. I use profx plugins. I love having a homerecording studio at home, so far with 4 analog inputs and one digital. 4 microphones, and an amp modeller in for the spdif. It's great, really. I'm buying another SB0090 to arrange the outputs for the monitor speaker and the headphone lines for the musicians. It's a dream come true.

But I can not make my windows record in non-asio software. I connect the wave to the MX6, I check levels, and the output I connect to kxlt to WinMM recording. All peak meters show that everything is fine, but the windows recorder is getting nothing. I'm using other software, like speakerworkshop, and I get the audio out, but not possible to get something recorded. And I need this in order to make some measurements and the active filter of the monitors. Asio recording is ok so far, but non-asio is giving me headache.

Is there any specific setting I need to use? Some setup is missing?

2. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

I forgot, I'm using 3550.

3. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

I installed a SB4750 for checking purposes. When selecting this card in the windows audio settings, the windows recorder is working normally. When change to the audigy and kx, the windows recorder simply don't start, the slider and counter get stuck. What I'm missing?

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

5. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

I'm using Profx 3.11, and I tried also the default dsp config.
    I tried the default dsp config also, but it's strange, the windows recorder behaviour is not the same if I use an ordinary card. With that one, the windows recorder manages to start, while with the kx simply does nothing. I don't mean that records silence, no, it just doesn't do anything. The slider is just stopped.

Attached Files:

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Is it just Sound Recorder? Have you tried other recording apps (e.g. Audacity)?
    Have you tried different sample rates/formats in Sound Recorder to see if it makes any difference?

It sounds like something may have gotten corrupted (related to WDM recording). You might try the following:

Uninstall kX.

Apply the following registry fix (should set values back to the default):
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wdmaud.drv"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"

(Copy/paste into Notepad and save as "SoundFix.reg" or whatever you want to call it, with the .reg extension. Then double click on the file to add the info to the registry.)

Re-install kX.

7. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

Thank you for your support. I moved both cards to other pci slots, I reinstalled the kx, and its working now!

It happened to audacity also.

It's reaaaally great to be able now to measure and filter my diy monitors in real time! I love this!

Thank you!

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Glad you got it working :cool: