Understand Stereo & Reverb Plugins Peak too.

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by LoyC, Dec 15, 2002.

1. LoyC

LoyC New Member

Why Effects are there by default?

Opps, LoyC, sorry, can you repost it aggain please? - Max.
    (it was erased by mistake - sorry, forum is new and i'm not too familiar with all of its features...)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2002
  2. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

>can i ask you what is the Stereo Chrous and Reverb Lite plugins used for

They are there by default only for General MIDI compability (e.g. used as effects for soundfont synth)
    You can be sure that no other sources (Wave, ASIO, Phisical Inputs etc.) are affected by these effects in any way until you do not adjust "Wave Send" faders at mixer "FX" page.

>One more thing is the peak plugin, when no sound is being played it seems to "bounce" around at 069.84-71.29 (dB?)

This is the noise from Reverb. Actually it is an side effect from hardware and cannot be easy avoided... Btw. by default (until you did not touch reverb) that noise's level should not not be higher then ~-105dB... This noise amount can be higher or lower depending on reverb "diffuse" and
    "decay" parameters...

----
    BTW:
    >Hi Mad Max,

Hehe, remember this is not "Ask Max" forum, so when you post message generally it is targeted to every kX User.
    (Eugene and me answer more often just because we maybe know a bit more about kX then others but anyway...)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2002
  3. LoyC

LoyC New Member

Ok that helped quite a bit, i'm beginning to understand now how kX DSP is starting to work. Thanks again, I'll be back tomorrow to see if i have any other questions.

P.S: My first message was posted to you or Eguene because both of you were the creators of the many DSP plugins. Well done for all the efforts placed in, keep up the good work =)

4. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

kx

we are also the authors of the driver :D

/E

5. LoyC

LoyC New Member

hmm i know...thanks for all the great work =)
    there's a lot of effort in the DSPs and it does help if u could help us out by explaining how many of them work, especially those terms that seems difficult for the novice kX supporter to understand. Keep improving the drivers as well, i'll be looking forward to bug fixes and improvements! :)