Uninstalling Sound Blaster Audigy2: "An Event Was Unable to Invoke any of the...

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Callak, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Callak

Callak New Member

Hi,
    Anyone heard of this issue?
    I recently upgraded my PC to an Athalon 64 X2. Still running my old Windows 2000.
    I was trying to uninstall and reinstall my Sound Blaster Audigy drivers and software because my EAX console was throwing errors, but now every time I try to uninstall them, I get:

Unhandled Exception
    Error Number: 0x80040201
    Description: An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers.

Setup will now terminate.

I get this if I uninstall, repair or selective install now.
    I've used a combination of Driver Cleaner and registry hacking (since DC would not get rid off all the reg entries on it's own) to clean out everything related to these drivers. I still get this message.

I went to the Creative Labs site and tried some of their suggestions, mostly related to a possibly damage windows installer. That didn't help either.

Any other ideas?

2. Callak

Callak New Member

I got this fixed last night. After what I tried above, I also used Remove ver 4.0 to get rid of the Add/Remove entry. I was then able to reinstall my drivers.

3. PhilTheGreat

PhilTheGreat New Member

Software

Hello im having the same problem trying to remove or reinstall my damm :mad: creative sb.Could u send the link of the software u had used? "Remove ver 4"
    I would be very thankfull.
    Thxz in advance

4. PhilTheGreat

PhilTheGreat New Member

Hello I'm back ... Kinda solved my problem with "Uninstall Plus 4.1", it is really nice and quite different of the rest. although use it carefully ... i've messed up a little, because of an erroneous search result i didn't read ... well but the problem was finally solved. An Hint: Edit the registry entry with the program mentioned above by deleting it.Then uninstall it.Make sure that u select the files before take action on step 2 of the process.
    Hope it will help someone ;)

5. cqstu

cqstu New Member

Trying to uninstall Creative Soundblaster Audigy using 'Remove Version 4' ! Created a
    Registry nightmare! Any (uncomplicated!) advice on this topic please?

6. crack1up

crack1up New Member

7. cqstu

cqstu New Member

Thanks very much for your prompt and useful advice! All uninstall/reinstall problems now rectified as a result.