Update: MX6 v1.14

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Lex Nahumury, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

I think that gain is useful because as I said before, it allows you a much more tuned volume control. with a gain you can be more accurate in your volume, with a volume contorl 1% may still be quite a bit of signal for some systems (-40.3 db on the stereo mix plugin) and can clearly be heard on my stereo. Thats why I prefer gain. thats all

2. Lex Nahumury

Lex Nahumury DH Senior Member

Aha,...you mean logarithmic level controls instead of linear..!!
    (That's something different then 'gain')
    If so,...then yes I agree.

/LeMury

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  3. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

LeMury:

Nice skin for the 10 Band EQ, too!

Well, whatever you are able to skin and distrubute, I will be grateful for it.

Also, if you release your new plug-ins and skins before 3538 Final, that's great, too!

Cya around

4. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

yes, i meant log volume control (that sort of is a gain though or atleast I feel that it is. gains are logarithmic :) (if i am not mistaken))

5. admk

admk New Member

I Simply Can't Wait!!!!!!

Awwww.......nice Lemury!!!!!!!!!:)

I particularily like that "Shut Up!" Channel.........and i'm wondering if there's a way to enable the Kids through it?
    ....just while i'm recording, of course!
    :lol:

6. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

I think it will work, but you have to make a MIDI connection between kX and your kids! :lol: :D

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

sorry getting back to the original message, I can't see why authors wouldn't give permission..thats the spirit of KX is it not?..If I could help skinning believe me I would...I think KX desearves a perfessional look to go with such high Quality Sound..But as was stated I would also be happy with anything you could contribute...please consider skinning some of the "lesser" effects, such as surrounder..yes I know you don't use it but alot of people do....Nice work.

8. Lex Nahumury

>>.. I can't see why authors wouldn't give permission..thats the spirit of KX is it not?

I don't know about "the spirit":cool: , but in general it's not nice to modify someones work
    (in such fashion) without asking permission. That's all.

>>...I think KX desearves a perfessional look to go with such high Quality Sound..

Me too.

>>...please consider skinning some of the "lesser" effects, such as surrounder
    >>..yes I know you don't use it but alot of people do...

There are a lot of things I don't use myself but do provide support for.
    So ,..no sweat.

/LeMury

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Thanks...whats with the sudden interest in skinning?, I thought you weren't into that type of thing? Don't get me wrong by all means continue.. I asked before if kX dsp had more of a "skin" type DSP gui, such as winamp for example then most people who could use paint could do some cool stuff for the project. Has such an idea ever came up? I am not much of a programmer anymore so I am not sure how the skinning works. And I don't thin given the current API's that it is possible..It would make the whole process so much easier.. Are you gonna do the whole DSP set? With all the latest additions by people of skinned effects and your new skins..KX is gonna be one Nice looking driver set..actually it'll be totally amazing...only equalled by it's amazing sound..:)

10. Lex Nahumury

That's correct, but the fact that I rather spent my time programming then 'painting'
    doesn't automaticly mean I don't like "eye candy"..!
    Really good "mature looking" free graphics are very hard to find if any.
    (They also have to match to form a coherent look/style)
    So I ended up drawing them myself which cost me more time then programming the skins
    into a couple effects.

So yes; after all that painting stuff I'm having a good time watching my screen slowly fill with nice looking DSP plugins:cool: .

/LeMury

11. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

if you rename the kxl files to rar files, you can extract the contents, and then change a few of the icons :) I am not aware of a quick way to change the background of a plugin though...

12. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hey, did I mention, I'll be glad when those skins are available.:D