Updating driver and setting up INIs

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by mironetti, Sep 7, 2013.

1. mironetti

mironetti New Member

Hi there!
    Two questions on my mind:
    1) Updating PAX drivers: if I just updated from HD Suite 2013 1.00 to 1.05 by installing latter over the former, is it sufficient or do I still need to uninstall and clean up before?
    2) Tweaking INIs: in bass, mids and trebble INIs we always deal with "LowFrequencySeparation" variable... is it correct? I personally overwrote it for "HighFrequencySeparation" for trebbles and "MediumFrequencySeparation" for mids and entered frequency response of my headphones... is it any good?
    Also frequency response of my 'phones happens to be "5 Hz - 20 KHz, usable high-frequency extension of 50 KHz"... could anyone tell me with what range is HD Suite driver able to deal?

Thank you for your time and anwers!

Martin

Edit: I believe that for my purposes, the following INIs are relevant: headphone.ini, EntertainmentMode.ini, treble.ini, mids.ini, bass.ini -- what frequency range should I best input in them?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. mironetti

mironetti New Member

Perhaps no one there understands my English? :p

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Sorry bud Sometime I miss the forums questions here. Ya always clean installed and set your headphones range get most sound at it.