Upgrade frenzy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Asuka, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Just yesterday, I was able to get a Athlon XP 2600+ (FSB333) real cheap - just 120€($132) instead of the usual 200€($220) :D
    Ok, it was in use before, but only for two moths, and the guy I got it from demonstrated that it works perfectly fine :)
    Just too bad that I found out that my crap mobo only supports FSB266 :mad:
    Well, I was going to get a new one soon anyway, so I'll just do it now...
    I've decided on the K7N2 Delta-L because I wanted a nForce board, and this one supports even FSB400 :eek: So if I should be getting a FSB400 CPU in the future, I won't need to buy a new mobo for it yet again :)
    I finally found a retailer over here who has it in stock, for 108,40€ (~$120). I'll have to wait until I've sold my 2000+ though so that I can afford it... this has been a very expensive moth for me :hmm: New graphics card, new CPU and now a new mobo as well :dead: I can already hear how my wallet screams in agony... Oh well, this will hopefully last for some time - except I'll still get myself another 256MB PC-333 Samsung to make use of the DualChannel feature, but I'll have to wait on this a little bit :bleh:

2. wow... thats really cool

3. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

It is :D I've now sold my old Cpu and got myself today a new mainboard - no the MSI one as I intended, but the Leadtek WinFast NCR18D Pro, because it has much more features (3 port firewire card included, LAN, enhanced SoundStorm onboard sound w/ Dolby Digital 5.1 encoder/decoder) while still being a little bit cheaper than the MSI one with much less features :D
    I'm just done d/ling the most current drivers and will now install a fresh XP w/ integrated SP1 for it :)

4. sounds like your going to have a pretty sweet system... i hate it when i get all proud of my computer and then everyone else goes off and gets better ones 2 weeks (reffereing to www.br1942.com's webserver) and then i get all depressed

5. row

row New Member

:duh: i'm afraid "upgrading" is a basic part of my life, i took a year off from my normal job and went to work in a bicycle shop to help offset the cost of upgrading my cannondale and gary fisher.

once i became interested in computers, i went and filled out an application at Fry's Electronics for part time work, (they told me to get lost). looking back it made perfect sense for Fry's to do that, i still buy stuff from them ($432 for an ati 9700pro last fri) and they don't have to give me any discount.

please no comments on the cost of the board, i am an impulse buyer:D

row