Upgrading last part

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Asuka, May 9, 2003.

1. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

I finally did the last bit of upgrading, so my system will hopefully last for a while now...
    I've got myself now another 256MB of the great Samsung ram, so I can now fully use the Dual Channel feature of the nForce 2 :cool:
    Also, I did have to get a new CPU cooler, since my Heatpipe cooler didn't fit my new mainboard :( I didn't want to spend too much anymore, since I already spent that much on the other stuff, so I went and bought an Arctic Cooling Copper Silent. I'm pleasantly surprised - not only it is very silent with only 20dB (a lot more silent than the heatpipe's fan, even though I had it already on 7V), but it also has good cooling power for my XP 2600+ (48° idle and 52° load). I've already ordered the silent 22dB YStech fan to replace my current 30dB one (also YStech), so I'll have a really super-silent system :cool:

2. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

That Seagate is pretty quiet as well, right?

3. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Originally posted by Vampyromaniac
    That Seagate is pretty quiet as well, right?

Yes - it's already extremely quiet! :duh: By far the quietest HD I've ever had, even though it's 7200rpm. You really can't hear it... around 12dB perhaps when busy, I'd say :D

4. WilEE

WilEE New Member

quietest but far not the fastest hdd :evil: