Username Meanings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by GigaWatt, May 25, 2009.

1. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

i always wondered what is the background of some of the usernames used on this and some other forums... so here is chance to explain how they came to be... ;)

ok, i'll go first... there was a radio show i used to host on a student radio station a few years back... the show was about electronic music... well music in general, but mostly electronic...the name of the show was GigaWatt, hence my username... ;) been registering under this username ever since... the radio closed down back in 2007, but i really liked the name, so i though, hey why not keep the name alive... some day i might revive the show on some other radio station... ;)

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

you should start an online show/podcast style thing

as for my name, I earnt the nickname "Stick" sometime in high-school, my interesting DJ'ing led to the DJ part, and I wanted to be just a little different with the way I spelt it out, all lowercase and with an underscore

My current music projects are done under a few other aliases, "prjkt" (read: project), "303 Theory" (anyone who knows anything about acid music will get the reference) and more recently "Chrannik" - an old school mate decided to combine my first, last and nicknames all into one, and I liked it

GigaWatt likes this.
  3. GigaWatt

naaaah... i like the oldschool FM style better... ;)... but thanks for the thought... ;)

4. charm_quark

charm_quark incognito

well as for me, was a studious kid,,, wanted to know what is beyond the blue sky.... science stuff mostly....
    when we were kids we were taught that atoms were the smallest indivisible existence, which was fascinating to me.... the more i read, i came to know about quark's (purely their theoretical existence, back then),,,,,, from all the six quark's i picked charm because, it's the odd one out....

5. GigaWatt

cool :cool:... didn't know that quarks actually had names... ;)

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Apparently i sleep like a mouse curled up in a ball. I dunno people just chalk different characteristics up because of my nick name, there's loads i could be here all day :D

I invented it purely to protect my identity because it has 0% links to my real one but it seems to have just evolved me. lol, It's what i'm called at college by pretty much everyone (Including teachers! :eek: ) now so it's kinda defeated the original purpose :rofl:

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

There was a thread on here years ago about this but will add mine again it was a long time ago ;)

It all started with the EA Sports NHLxxxx series and my brother and I decided to create our own player names. He chose Pablo87ca(which is his user name on DH) and I chose Mac Puck. Mac for the first 3 letters of my last name and Puck for Peter Puck in the old Hockey Night in Canada broadcast intermissions.

Next was golf and two buddies of mine and myself created the Haggis in the Fire annual computer golf tournament. Joe Putt, Al Pitch and Mac Chip always attended.

Mac Slam - Baseball

Then my brother and I found Madden football and we liked to play cooperative. He played quarterback and always passed to a wide receiver named .... you guessed it Mac Daddy :)

I used that as a user name to sign up on DH my first forum and have used it ever since.

8. Mousey

One helluva story lol ;)

GigaWatt likes this.
  9. GigaWatt

i would have to say i agree on that Mousey... one hell of a story... and i thought mine was long... LOL :D

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Hope it wasn't too long guys ;)

I could have included our full golf names all three of us are part Scottish :D

GigaWatt likes this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Are we grading for length and detail of story? :D

"Tyrsonswood" was the name of my Renassance Festival business I had back in 1997-99 making wood covered leather bound books that looked about 800 years old, along with other woodcrafts.

After I closed that business down I ended up calling all my artwork, words/music/guitars/etc, as coming from "Tyrsonswood Studios" Thus the name here.........

The "Tyrson", comes from my Renn Faire persona.......... "Jera Tyrson", a woodsman from 1400's Germany.......... :cool: (or earlier/later depending on the Faire...)

Bet nobody saw that one coming... :rofl:

12. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

perhaps hard to believe, but i personally had never heard the name Judas before, and through a rather strange set of events, thought i had somewhat created the name in a way myself. Considering that i have zero religious contact or background, i soon learned at a relatively young age of using it, i was constantly getting hassled on the internet for no apparent reason only to find out several months later that it was because of the name

There is no meaning to my name, it is simply just a name, a rare name imo. Infrequently used...

Sometimes i still get tagged with that kind of crap, about 2 months ago i got an earful over Xbox Live about it.

And who really cares anyways, it's a name, it's actually quite irrelevant. A name has no other meaning other then to better designate a way to know whom you are talking to or not. The name itself doesn't dictate the character based on what other inatimate, previous persons, or things that name falls under.

Even some people that are named "rose" aren't anything like one. A thorn by any other name such as Rose, is still a bloody thorn :p

GigaWatt likes this.
  13. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

My name comes from the game Pharoah I played, and sometimes still play. There was an option to choose your name from a whole list of egyptian names and rulers. One of them was Neshi.
    I used it there and almost use it everywhere on the internet... so here too..

GigaWatt likes this.
  14. lepel

lepel New Member

Mine is spoon in dutch.

GigaWatt likes this.
  15. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

ahh so that explains your avatar

16. Mousey

Haha cool, One of my gf's favourite terms for me doing something retarded is spoon ie.
    "Mouse you spoon!"

17. GigaWatt

LOL :D... about to say the same thing stick... ;)

well, everyone seems to have an interesting background on their usernames, something they liked or were in some way connected to in the past...

well, keep them coming... ;)

18. Mousey

Cept me cuz i'm speshul :D
    And i thought online aliases were usually just chosen lol.

19. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

yes, and you even have you're own "special" bus

20. Mousey

Don't let me drive it whatever you do, it has no steering wheel