Using Mic Input in some games

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Fuma, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Fuma

Fuma New Member

Hi!
    Maybe my question is not on topic of 3-D audio discussion, so sorry if it is so.

After installing kX I discovered that games that use Microphone do not work. For example, Counter-Strike couldn't find Mic recording device in mixer, so ingame voice chat is not working :( Also some other software, that uses standrat audio IO (no ASIO) could not find mic in mixer.

So is this problem solvable?

Sorry again for offtopic :oops:

2. spikomatix200

spikomatix200 New Member

MIC PROBLEM WITH AUDIGY 5.1 PLATINUM LIVE! where is my mic in windows test

Hello fellas,
    since now i had the standard (official) driver from creative for my audigy platinum live 5.1..i tried to use game voice or messenger for telephoning with a homie here in next town-...
    did not work..i thought maybe those Shi*** drivers from creative cause that problem,cause i did hear my friend..but he did not get any signal from me...thats crazy,cause my mic seemed to work..i got a mic "level" in the gamevoice chat window..it goes up and down when i talk..so there was a signal..but no transmission to my friend..so i installed KX drivers..
    now here is my problem when i put the mic in the mic check..the kx thinks its my KX/0 LINE IN why that?
    in the windows hardware microfon test i dont get a signal...
    i can hear myself..but the signal comes over line in..but the mic is still plugged into the mic jack of my soundcard..
    when i start winamp..the hardware test shows an green indicator going up and doiwn..it seems that my wave stuff is going over the mic channel or something like that...

my question..what the hell do i have to do to get the mic working on KX1/ Mic in?

maybe one of u know the answer?

thanks for helping me...

3. Fuma

Fuma New Member

Mic volume not found!

I don't think enyone helps. :sigh: I'd posted this message long ago, but nobody replied. I don't think this problem is due to my misanderstanding the way kX works. When I used Creative's drivers everything was fine (except the functionality :lol: ). But the problem exists - not only CS, some other windows software that does not use ASIO or some other low level interfaces, could not work with recording!

So, hey, guys from kX! You 're the best, really, but... could you simply answer something like "We do not know the solution", if you really have no time for this, or "RTFM, llama" if the solution exists and it is simple. In the case of current silence on your side, I can't simply get - is that problem solvable or not! :confused:

P.S. Most of my software use ASIO (Cubase, FL Studio,...), but sometimes I'm getting so tired of all this that I'm taking some relaxive minutes playing CS. But! I am the only one who can not talk to my teammates and it is an huge obstacle on the way of good playing. So please, give us a try! :tears:

4. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

what is your driver version?
    does your program recognize 'kX0' and 'kX1' mixer lines?

/E

5. Fuma

Fuma New Member

5, 10, 00, 3534. Program writes :"Couldn't find Mic Volume" and terminates. Ican send you the 176Kb exe, if you like. It've found no to tweak this manualy :(

6. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

then, probably, the program is not currently compatible with the driver

/E