UXTHEME.DLL how-to`s (thank Crash Overide)

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by David, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Vampirefo

Vampirefo New Member

Re:

To bad you're to stupid to realise what you are saying,LOL anyway the correct code has came forth, and like a true cracker, CReaTuReZ gave instructions how it can be done. It's nice to have good honest people here.

Also I thought Crash would have been more forth coming, but if he wants people to believe his dishonest actions, then that's fine with me, You can believe what ever makes you happy. The people who seek the truth already know it. I am done with Crash, I wont believe or trust anything he posts from this point on.

2. SnoopyII

SnoopyII New Member

Please no terms relating to race,sexualy preference, nationality or creed -David

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you on the ass so save the powerpuff girl speechs...and learn how to spell...

3. StevenH

StevenH New Member

just copying in windows works for me! :cool:

4. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

I've already talked to TGTsoft as well.......who do you think helped them with the SP1 Beta Build update exe they put out? heh thats right that would be me...

As you can see in my post up above I did say that it is the original dll file that has had version values edited to match so its more XP friendly.......uxtheme.dll just handles the skinning process of XP it doesnt handle explorer calls at all so what the heck are you talking about?

This file cannot cause damage.........i do testing on my own rigs before I release anything that I do.......so if its gonna screwup anyones rig it will be mine

5. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

also wanted to toss in that the hack that you guys posted does work so kudos on that but Vampirefo you have made it too personal........Andrew pmed you and warned you about this kind of behavior......banning would normally have been done but he wanted to have an admin warning before doing so

6. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

btw SnoopyII

dont flame him like this in the public areas........put all flames in the flaming section ;)

7. Doomtrooper

Doomtrooper Driverheaven Senior Member

Guys I'm getting alot of complaints about this thread, calm down, lose the Egos or take it to the flame forum. This is a important thread, don't ruin it.

Tx ;)

8. SnoopyII

SnoopyII New Member

You mods are right and I respect your authority and decision making...If the other party persists I will reply in the flame forum.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

good man ;)

10. Vaporizer

Vaporizer WTF

Where to get StyleXP ??

11. Vampirefo

Vampirefo New Member

Re:

You can get it here http://www.tgtsoft.com/

The author told me he would try to get a fix out tomorrow or Saturday, for version 1068, it's not supported yet.

12. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

By the way everyone.........there has seemed to be alot of confustion and controversy over how I have made the hack that works on the later versions for SP1.

It is the old hacked uxtheme.dll file. It has its version info updated via the following method. This does not update it to the later dll file and such. Creaturez brought that out before I finished mine making it unnecessary for me to do so (Great job on it btw :)).

All this does is update the version info in order to make XP SP1 not recognize this as an older file version so it accepts it into the system a lil bit better. A certain member has said that using mine can cause damage to your system...well I run them on my system before I send them out to anyone else to make sure it behaves properly and there are no hiccups or dangers involved. I've also heard that I'm a ripoff or that I do not give credit.

Anyone who checks my FTP or the zip file that I usually pass around will find a txt file inside of it called Getting Themes in XPSP1.txt. This is the contents of that file.....if you find the old original 1050 hack the file is almost exactly the same as this one except Phinal Phantasm made that one.

I have not nor will I ever claim to be the inventor of the hack for the uxtheme.dll. All I have said in this file is that I updated the info for 1060, 1063, 1065, and 1068 and then posted the changed details inside of it.

Once again hopefully this clears up any future confusion.

Now onto the txt file

13. glloq

glloq New Member

why does the UXTHEME.DLL has to be replaced ???

What is it good for ??

I can not make it out in this discussion.

14. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

it doesnt have to be replaced per se

what replacing the uxtheme.dll file using the instructions posted in this thread does is enable the ability to use themes from sites like http://www.themexp.org and http://www.getskinned.org without having to use programs like StylesXP or WindowBlinds :)

15. glloq

glloq New Member

Thank You very much for Your answer !!

Bye ;)

16. Spoonroom

Spoonroom New Member

Which dll???

I have 3 different uxtheme.dll's on my pc that I've downloaded from different places and no idea which one to use. I'm currently busy downloading sp1 1073. Which dll is the newest and where can I get it?

btw, great forum! ;)