Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MiDri, Mar 11, 2007.

1. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Is any one playing this? I would really like to check it out and find more about it. All the sites dedicated to it have very little information and so I'm at a loss here... If I get it I am going to get the collectors edition (which is 80$ us) because it comes with 3 months of play (which is a good deal).

If any one is playing and has a spare buddy key could you toss it my way? Or if you know a site that has an active forum community discuessing the game (classes, races, etc) I would really like to learn more.

2. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

My friend has been playing. He is level 36 of 50 (as of last wednesday). After this week they would have had 2 double XP weekends. I am guessing he will be about 44ish when I go into work tomorrow. He says he loves it, and others I know that played it switched back to WoW. Some features still don't work, and the game has proven to be quite buggy. People have been known for losing levels, broken spells, and server downtime.

3. Tobey

Tobey New Member

I play the game personally and my only problem is the overwhelming graphics for my PC. It is a great looking game, and I loooove the crafting and leveling systems in place. The grind isnt bad at all, and the fact that there is both faction base and open PvP servers really opens the game up for anyone interested.(Yes there are regular PvE only servers too) But seriously if your computer does not far exceed the recommended requirements it will be very laggy and choppy. 2 Gigs of RAM seems almost nessacary. Sorry for the quick reveiw I have to head to class...

oh forgot to mention, ill look for a trial key when I get home. Not sure if it came with one but if it did Ill be happy to give it to you.

4. MiDri

MiDri New Member

So i went out and bought it -- its interesting... mixutre of EQ and WoW... + bugs... once they get the bugs fixed it will probably be pretty sweet (I play on pvp server so bugs are perticularly bad)

If any one else is thinking about picking this game up -- wait 2 or 3 months.