Velbac - Sends audio from a Creative soundcard to another soundcard

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Tril, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I fixed the link to the old version. The Creative drivers give the possibility to transfer the audio that was sent to the card back to the cpu. I'm only using what the drivers gives. Do you know if those games really output a 5.1 channel output. Maybe they only output 4 or 4.1 channels. If that's the case, I could add an option to mix the front left and front right channels together to send them to the center channel.

Necrosis likes this.
  2. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

They out put 5.1 depending on what you have set in the windows audio settings. i was able to get most of the games in xp that i had that problem with to do center again. i thinking it could be a2zs drivers toying with me.

edit: yep its the drivers for the A2zs. If i Dont use openal in Quake 4 it will work right. for Doom3 if i turn off Eax it sound right. for UT2k4 if I use 3d audio center works right(vista). for Xp I fiqure out most of the problems.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. AncientMike

AncientMike New Member

I have a couple questions if I may...

If I use Velbac with an Audigy2 or X-fi & the Sondigo Inferno as the output source will it take the load off the host CPU & use the X-fi as a host processor?I don't mean just for EAX 3/4/5 im talking for all hardware 2D/3D sound sources.Or am I just expecting a miracle :drool: or am I now taxing both?

Secondly,I was just about ready to giveup on this program because every game I threw at it gave me a BSOD "IRQ Less Than Equal" on BF2/BF2142/Stalker/Dirt the only game that ran was Two Worlds & of course all software based games ran fine like DOD:source.So I decided to try the KX drivers & now all said games work fine but have some glitches here & there.The only problem with the KX drivers is now im limited to EAX 3 only?Sup with that?Creatives SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe for my Audigy 2ZS just give me the BSOD.

Anyways...I have been waiting years for a program like this, nicely done!:)

4. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

yea the only time i got those bsod was when i was in my XP boot when it was installed. but i didnt get them in vista.

5. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

The audio gets to the X-Fi card, then Velbac retrieves it and sends it to the other soundcard. The audio has to move between the system memory and a soundcard three times. That's two times more than if you were to use a single card.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that BSOD only happens with games using [SIZE=-1]OpenAL. I don't know why.
    [/SIZE]

6. diegovarela

diegovarela New Member

Hello
    I'm trying to convey sound from an Audigy 2zs to a Ht Omega Claro Plus but speaker configuration in 5.1 turns out to be defective and I don't get any sound from the Audigy DVD-adio player either. How can I fix this?

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

What do you mean defective? In which way?

I am one of the original testers for this applciation and my test setup was very similar to what your using.
    I had a AUdigy 2 and a X-Meridian 7.1 which uses the same chipset as your claro..

Tell me about your settings...

8. diegovarela

diegovarela New Member

After some tweaking I overcame the defective sound. It works better with a speaker set up of 2 in Velbac, but I get no sound from the DVD-Audio output with different configurations i've tried so far.
    My current settings in Velbac are:
    Asio Driver: Creative Asio
    Matrix preset: Creative drivers (other than X-fi)
    Speaker set up: 2
    Downmix: enabled
    Audio renderer 1: Direct sound
    Output device 1 HTO Claro

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

DID you try ASIO Audio renderer?

10. diegovarela

diegovarela New Member

The only audio renderers I have in Velbac are direct sound and wave out. How do I get Asio audio renderer and how do I put it into Velbac?

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Wait, Give me a bit to run some tests and I will get back to you.

12. diegovarela

diegovarela New Member

what's going on, anything wrong?

13. erduk

erduk New Member

hey, i just want to say this program is great and thanks for making it. but i am having a weird issue.

its like its wired wrong digitally lol. my center channel is outputting rear left channel, and my sub is outputting rear right channel etc...

my settings are as follows:
    im using a XFI titanium with PAX drivers to 5870 hdmi for 7.1... i made 7.1 headphones that plug into the 3.5 mm ports and their channels are good while the 7.1 through my receiver isn't.
    asio driver- creative aisio
    matrix preset - KX drivers (only one that works for some reason, maybe this is the issue?)
    audio renderer 1 - directsound
    output device 1 - amd high def audio
    downmix to speaker setup -disabled

what should i try? any help would be great :)