Venice........ the next atlantis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by solar_flare, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Pompey

Pompey New Member

I Know, apparently its the methane gas or something from the cows digesting the grass, not pleasant when driving through a rural area. About a year ago the Government tried to put a tax on it, the whole Kyotto protocol thing. It resulted a MP driving a tractor up parliament steps in protest, very entertaining. We're a mostly dairy farming nation. Cow farts are the price we 'townies' pay for the best steak for dinner and the best ice cream for pudding.

lol maybe we should 'attach' scrubbers to the cows......

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

My dad's an engineer working at a technology centre, and currently they're working on ways to keep the city from blowing up due to methane gas piping out from the city dump area. Sorry, this is off topic, but in a way gases destroying the environment has lead to the ice caps melting and Venice sinking. :p

3. solar_flare

solar_flare New Member

@sun walka

i dont think you are off topic......venice sinking was just something i thought will grab peoples attention to global warming or should i say climate change...................but COW FARTS!!!!!!!!!!thats just crazy.............believe it or not.... us humans release even a more polluting gas not for getting an even stinkier gas

4. kp59583

kp59583 New Member

http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/samson/global_warming_potential/

Raid you have Bush on the brain. You sound like it Bush's fault that there's globle warming. He's only been president 4 years. Sure he doesn't support the Kyoto accords but the Senate and Congress don't either and they are the ones who actualy have to ratifiy it. I've been reading about the so called greenhouse effect and what everybody talks about is emissions like C02. They don't tell you about the other causes. The link above actually goes into the natural causes and are rarely mention in other articles.

5. kp59583

kp59583 New Member

Here's a list of the current Volcanos.

http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/current_volcs/current.html

6. solar_flare

solar_flare New Member

if he's been president for only for years....then he should do something about it.....the other countries are why cant bush do the same