VIA/S3 Unichrome Drivers?

Discussion in 'General Graphics Cards Discussion' started by ragegg, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ragegg

ragegg New Member

I have problems with the VIA/S3 Unichrome (AIDA32 gave me that name) on my hostfamiliy's pc. Many games than used to work nicely aren't enjopyable any more. Especially in OPENGL (counterstrike) i used to have 100fps and now i have 10-30fps. ithought that might have to do something with the driver and can be fixed by updating the driver (maybe someone messed around).

if anybody has links to drivers for that onboard graphicscard, please tell me in this thread!! thx

2. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2
    All VIA drivers there.

If you're comparing a feeble onboard with a real graphics card, don't expect miracles... these things are meant to run office software, not games.

If you had decent framerates on graphics of that specification, I've no idea how it managed it. Maybe the colour depth and resolution have been increased, which would naturally lower the performance.

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I have a board with that, it's horrable the onborad is totally useless for gameing...
    You need to buy a real graphics card...

4. claudiapr

claudiapr New Member

i need this driver download

5. Wolfraider

Wolfraider New Member

VIA's are horrible at creating IGP for any game, stick to Nvidia or ATI solutions... even Intel does much greater job with the GMA 950
    VIA's are cheap and really aren't created for anything better than AOE: rise of rome, in other words NOT anything that should be considered for gaming. Quake 3 and Aero wont even work!!!
    If u have desktop than buy a dedicated card as upgrade 8400GS or 2400HD are very cheap and offer exceptional performance on older games.
    If u are running on laptop than you can either sell it and buy new or stick with it.

6. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

Via made an actual card too, and I have the onboard version myself an a Gigabyte 754 board, I did try it for a few days. I soon put a X800 Pro in it.