Vice City/ Americans Must be pissed ...hehe

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by gibbon565, Nov 8, 2002.

1. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

My friend got a copy of the American version of the game from a contact at Rockstar :p and it was PANTS!! compared to the Uk version :rolleyes: Mainly because they have cut out many of the weapons and aerial vehicles for obvious reasons. There are also more cars in the Uk version and on top of that the cars are more sports car orientated in the Uk version, like it has a PORCHE! carrera ...hehe :cool: There is better music and more to do and the Uk version is also much MUCH MORE! violent...lol I'm not sure if thats a good thing but in my opinion the Uk got the better deal :D

2. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I was not aware of anything cut out of the American version of Vice City. Would you happen to know where I might be able to read about a list of differences between the editions?

- Me

3. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

I can't believe... Stupid censorship... SAD finds really dumb way to deal with their problems.

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

my brother got it on the PS2 and its an amazing game, love it. cant wait for the PC version so I can see it running at 1280x1024 on a good monitor.

5. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

Yeah there is no denying that Zardon :D
    It is one hell of a GAME!!! or a way LIFE! ;)

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

YES I AGREE CANT WAIT FOR PC VERSION!!!!!!!

*takes pills for sore throat and shouting now*

7. shuki

shuki New Member

Re:

my thoughts exactly.... was still waiting for any further confirmation and/or articles... guess I'm just highly suspect :)

8. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I still haven't heard anything about this from anywhere else. I'm not trying to call anybody a liar, I'd just like to find more information. I can't be upset about missing out on something when I don't know what I'm missing out on..

The US version has 4 different helicopters (that I'm aware of) and one sea plane (two planes if you count the remote controlled one you fly in one mission). That's plenty of aerial vehicles for me.. but the UK version has more?

As for the sports cars, they're all over the place. There is no Porshe in the American version.. at least not by name. As with every GTA game, all the cars have ficticious names. I'm not a car person, but I bet there's a car in the American version that resembles a Porche.

Weapons.. I find it rather difficult to believe that the UK version has more weapons, because there's over 40 in the US version. Everything from a screwdriver to a rocket launcher..

Music, violence... you know what, it almost sounds as if you're comparing GTA3 to Vice City. Are you sure that's not what you're doing? I mean, I don't want to sound offensive or anything (I hope I don't come across that way), but I'm just trying to get the facts straight. It seems to me that if there were such major differences between the US and UK versions I'd have heard about it by now.

- Me

9. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

The reason you haven't heard much is the simple fact that it is very !! unlikely that someone would have both the Pal and the Ntsc version of the game. Secondly the porche in the Uk version of the game is actually called a porche carrera and is the only car the have the real name for :p

10. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

This is very interesting, bug again, I find it difficult to believe that major sites such as IGN or Gamespot do not have information on this. I would have thought these places would be among the first to know.

- Me

11. shuki

shuki New Member

you can bet it would be BIG news....

12. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

If you dont believe me ..hehe then try them out for yourself, honest it is true. I have seen it otherwise I wouldn't post about it ;) Anyway at the end of the day does it really matter I suppose as it is still a good game :p

13. skastel

skastel Massive Happiness

Ok, I just talked with my friend last night about this, he has heard absolutely nothing about different versions. Also he says that there is indeed a porsche carrera, however, it is not called that, as is typical in GTA. I find it hard to believe that there is less gore in the NTSC version. My friend was telling me about how he hacked some guy to death with a chainsaw. It seems unlikely that if it was censored that they would still let you do that.:confused: I'm really intruiged by this whole discussion, someone needs to find a site that says something about this. I've searched for quite a while, nothing. :confused::mad:
    Still though it is an amazing game, and no amount of censorship could ever destroy that!:lol::D

14. Trunks0

Trunks0 Keeping an open mind

I find this unlikely

Explain what you mean by more violent? Because in my version I can blow heads off and blood sparys every were along with many other sweet looking way to make the people of VC suffer hehehe ;)

We also have the porche just not called one and there ARE sports cars EVERY were you look on the first island

Also from what I know the music is the same in all of them and does not change from region to region :)

15. dipstick

dipstick New Member

There are no differences in the games...Porsches are everywhere and infact they are even Targa models:p