Volari Dual GPU?

Discussion in 'General Graphics Cards Discussion' started by SchwarzeFeen, Jul 19, 2004.

1. SchwarzeFeen

SchwarzeFeen New Member

Does anyone own the XGI Volari Dual GPU Video card? I was wondering how it relates to a Radeon 9800 pro or a newer Nvidia?

2. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

go to THG and check out the benchmarks.

its pretty pathetic sadly.

3. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031107/xgi-volari-21.html

The main problem, is that by the time the drivers are delivering half decent results (see the miserable result in HALO), the cards it is within shooting distance of are slipping down to midrange.

Yet another false dawn, as with Trident, S3 Xabre and several others.

Will there ever be a credible 3rd player? It's looking less and less likely.

There are two possible market areas, of course, either delivering better price/performamce in the budget/midrannge field, or delivering the maximum performance at any price.

If XGI could put 4, 6 or even 8 chips on a card and make it work as a performance solution, it would be something - 3DFX were trying to use 4 chips, in the range that died with them.

Of course, Nvidia's QUADRO range, and ATI's FireGL, show another direction - with insane prices for merely enabling some features that are in the silicon of all their chips, surely a market where any newcomer that could deliver the same quality at a lower price should be able to destroy them, and is it any smaller than the market for insanely priced mega-gamer cards?

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

5. RDoggy

RDoggy New Member

Is there anyplace that you can buy a Volari Dual GPU?I collect all kinds of video cards.