Volume Levels Change

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rogelio, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Rogelio

Rogelio New Member

Whether or not the volume icon and windows mixer is enabled/docked, I've noticed that my TV-Tuner application/PVR (WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe) causes changes in the volume meters upon loading. The master volume level sets to zero, and I have to manually raise it back. Also, the AC97 mixer for Line In sets to zero when exiting the TV-Tuner's PVR application.

I'm certain that this problem is somehow related the KX Drivers/mixer and not the tuner application because I had used previously used Creative's drivers and this problem did not occur. Also, I have installed the tuner card and app on another PC and OS with the KX drivers and this problem persisted.

I have encountered this problem with both 3534 and 3535 builds. I am using an SB Live! Value card and am using both Windows XP and 2003 Server.

I have read a previous post where somebody also noticed that the volume levels were being automatically "set" to zero. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thank You

2. Rogelio

Rogelio New Member

any suggestions?

3. danespen

danespen New Member

I think this is a software issue
    and not a driver issue.... I don't think there's any way to prevent the different audio/video programs from changing the volume.
    So... make a complaint on the Winfast forum :) they should use their "own" volume slider, like winamp etc.

4. koyak13

koyak13 New Member

5. FNK

FNK New Member

Hey, same problem here whit the same card!
    Thank for the thread alreaddy made, how did you solved the problem?

I'll try whit thr link poster above.