VSampler 1.6 and WinXp(Found It)

Discussion in 'SoundFonts and MIDI' started by Emu10000X, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

Hey guys, new poster, old user here. I have relentlessly been tracking down the Vsampler 1.6 program lately as it would indeed seem to be a good editor as well as a direct bank loader for the KX platform.

Well, after about a week of witch hunting, I have tracked it down:w00t:.

Ive located it here:

The EWS64 Stress Control Panel, click the "Download Page" link at the lower right and then on the next page click "User Applications" on the left, second to last.

Vsampler 1.6 is a little more than halfway down, other software on there might interest folks, there is a version 1.7 beta Vsampler as well,

But.....

Ive also ran into a post on the Vsampler Author's website...Maz-sounds.com
    and i came across this post in the forum:

phorum - using VSampler - VSampler as a front-end for SF2-soundcards

Apparently, Maz is no longer supporting the 1.6 version and has given the serial out for whoever needs it. The reason for lack of support in the newer versions was because of extra functions that Vsampler had but was not supported in the soundfonts....

Now heres the dilemma, the software was not written for WinXP, When I tried to open the software after installation I got this in a dialog box:

---------------------------
    Sampler.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point OpenVxDHandle could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.
    OK

Perhaps there is some way of getting this thing to run on XP, maybe not, perhaps it does run, just not on my DAW:mad:. If you guys could test this out on your systems and report back, maybe we could utilize this for better soundfont managing and loading.:drool:

P.S. I am very excited:duh: about the KX Project as a whole. It is like the little brother of the creamware line. Anyway, Cheers.

2. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

No takers???

heh, a welcome to the board would be nice!:confused:

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Welcome to DH Bro and thanks for sharing this with the other members ;)

4. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

np and thanks, was beginning to feel like i was in the middle of a populated sports arena and all the people was just staring and saying nothing.

Mac Daddy likes this.
  5. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

Well it seems I will be eluding to AWAVE for Bank and preset creation. Its not bad as it is, allows drag and drop from FLStudio so it fits in pretty well.

...cheers!!

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

LOL that is a great analogy :)

+1

7. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Îòâåò: VSampler 1.6 and WinXp(Found It)

>The procedure entry point OpenVxDHandle could not be located

This means that VSampler 1.6 uses "vxd" drivers and therefore can only be used only in Win98/WinMe. (and that's why they gave the serial out - it's just highly unlikely you'll be actually using this software either way :)

8. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

oh well, hey I just tried VSampler 3, OMG, this thing rocks as a sound font editor, especially in Fl studio, it allows you to drag and drop from the Flstudio browser(good for auditioning samples on the fly) right onto its keys for mapping, also converts the most popular sample formats to SF2(albeit losing some articulations). Now I'm able to leave the stinking vst sound in the dust but still keep the super functionality.

Its a beautiful day in the neighbo....ah forget it, lol...

cheers

Tyrsonswood likes this.