WarCat's Drivers

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by The Guv'nor, Dec 12, 2006.

1. jp306

jp306 New Member

Have you tried the Warcat 6.11s or 6.12s? Because that's what this thread is about.

2. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

I just spilt my coffee over my damn laptop reading that :D. On another note I might just try these drivers :)

I don't think you realize how stupid you sound in making comments like that...

You have failed, at putting yet another modder down to elevate yourself... good luck with the next attack. From what I read on other forums you have done this before.

You may also want to consider the Omega driver modder when polishing him up all the time with your silly posts... I'm sure he doesn’t appreciate having a fan that greases him up so much - i'd be embarrased if i were him - having a fan that makes a fool of himself. Omega does make excellent driversets and I'm sure these drivers in discussion are good also.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
    jp306 likes this.
  3. beezee

beezee New Member

LOL...Oh yeah, well my schlong is bigger than yours...Damn dude, do you know how childish that sounded?

I've never seen some guy so obsessed with another guy before!:wtf: Neon, give it a rest. You don't like the guys drivers, fine say so. But to go off on some venom laced tirade about the man is a bit wacky. Not to mention your novel length replies to others trying to defend yourself.

Here's my little advise to you....GET OUT MORE! I mean c'mon man, you have 15 thousand posts on this sight alone!... I can't imagine all the other stuff you're spewing on the internet.

Dude...Step away from the keyboard!

4. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

I'm not going to flame you anymore Neon with all this, but this guy does have a point, getting out more will help.

5. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor New Member

Anyway,...Back to what I originaly started this thread for.
    Has any1 else tried these?.
    I have, and I must say, I was very impressed.

P.S You DONT have to try them if you dont want ;)

6. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

I have tried them yes... Im using them right now. I think they have used the EATM tweak for AA along with alpha-sharpening, the images in game seem very crisp and the AA doesnt seem to be making a performance hit.

This is a screenie of EATM and thats what it looks like in game for me too with these:

Without EATM + Alpha Sharpening (images taken from Azrek):

[​IMG]

With EATM + Alpha Sharpening:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. Genki

Genki New Member

Tried them too and they are good.Used to use omegas all the time 6.7's being the best for my system, however going over to a crossfire setup I cant use them without blue screening and since I got to have ccc to run crossfire they are a no no for me which is a shame.

Been using official cats lately and although I have not had any problems,im a sucker for modded drivers and gave the warcats a try.The thing that impresses me the most is the IQ which I believe is due partly to eatm being enabled,couldnt get it working myself with the 6.12 betas and checking the registry confirms that its on.

So for now the warcats are staying.

8. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

I was kinda impressed with the AA tweaks in the 6.12 warcat driver, 2xAA pretty much looks like 4xAA and I could swear my performance actually increased. Its pretty nice, I was able to jump up a couple resolutions without any real noticable performance hits.

Anistropic Filtering performance seem to have improved some as well. Then again, I never actually tried the official 6.12 cats...

9. WarAnakin

WarAnakin New Member

This post is addressed to people that criticize me. I usually don't come to DH forums because of this kind of things and this kind of people. I am not here to flame or to start a war.

1st of all, i can't recall making any mistakes or talking bad about you so i could say that you should back off the offense for now because there is nothing the defend from.
    2nd of all, what's with all the research about me ? Now that scares me. Honestly ! You're like obsessed about me and my work related to modded drivers. I hope these is more like an "in here" obsession and not out there, in your life. Now that, would scare me for good ! People trying to rape my ass. lol Also, what's with the dates of me buying this video card ? You are dying to know when i bought this card and from where and why ?
    16 july, if i recall, from a store called Futureshop, yes it was on a sale. I don't know what you have against this video card or what bad it has caused. You like this video card too much ? If you want it, i'll ship it to you. I need to buy a new one anyway. Modding drivers on a video card like this is better than modding them on an end level card. Why ? Because, if you can squeeze performance out of something like this, if it's not that great, the performance would be much higher on and high end card. About Nvidia and my posts related to Nvidia, i think it's quite obvious why i said that Nvidia is better than ATI. They were leaders for 2 years and has PS3.0 for more than one year ahead, they release products on date, their drivers are not causing any games to crash. I can't recall seeing an nvidia driver that fixes a bug in a game and for the result they cause a new bug in 2 games. Because that's how the official drivers from ATI are. Fixing a bug at the cost of 2. I'm not here to discuss these kind of subject and to start a flame against these companies.
    3rd of all, no one helped me getting on the modded driver scene. Not Daishi or any one. Daishi provided support for me. He granted me the chance of releasing my work on TweaksRUs. The very place where i release drivers today. I learned how to mod drivers all by myself, with the help of the old stuff of course. Does anyone remembers the Radeon Tweaker ? That's how it all got me started. I'm not here to compete against Omega or DH drivers or against anyone. Oh, but my drivers are tested alright. I have beta versions of the WarCat driver released to beta testers. The reason why the driver is being released so fast is 1 : my beta testers are fast; 2 : i keep testing the driver myself for hours and i won't release a beta until i'm sure; 3 : i do it in my spare time. So what if i'm just a 19 year old, some of you would call me wet behind my ears or a noob, or whatever they want. I just don't care, because there is no way that these thing would cause any harm to my life.
    As for asking for help.... there isn't much help i could ask right now. In the beginning, yeah there was help, but how could you ask if you got kicked in the ass the very first second you stepped in here. That's why i stopped coming to DH. I don't remember asking anyone to come and post about the WarCat driver in here. But i remember saying that they could do it from time to time.
    One more thing, if you like the stuff you do and you sure are passionate about it, in 2 months you could do wonders. Beethoven was doing wonders with a piano when he was 4 ! Why ? Because he was so damn passionated about music. I can say that i'm a maniac regarding video cards and graphics. About my PC... yeah i know it's not the greatest out there, there are many like it but these one is mine :) . I'm just waiting to switch for the DX10 platform. Waiting after the R600.
    As i said, i'm not here to start a flame or to advertise anything or to "cry for attention".
    I just had to answer some questions posed on a different way, that could shorten some research.
    One more thing, the WarCat driver was not made for me to get popular. It was made because i wanted to do something useful with my spare time. Oh, i have a job alright and i am attempting school, but these is what i do in my free time. No wife, no kids, no dog to step on. I can say that the WarCat driver earned renown, just like in Fable. The downloads and seeing that more and more people come to TweaksRUs, says everything.
    For people that have used, are using and will use the WarCat driver, i just want to say thanks for the feedback, because the driver modding is based on the feedback you get.
    To people that criticize me, you can keep on doing it because it doesn't bother me, it shows the way you really are and the only thing you're good at : criticizing.
    I'll keep on doing the things i did and i won't stop here.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
    jp306 likes this.
  10. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor New Member

Hi WarAnakin.

I stared this thread, Was just spreading the word about the dam good work you do really, most of us have kept to the topic, But, some have gone off on one tbh, and all I can do is appologise for them.
    Most of us here love your drivers, so maybe post any updates etc here now also, or If I could host them for you. Let us know.

Keep up the good work tbh. :)

11. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

Guv'nor you do not need to apologize for anything. Its just that this thread got way how of hand by others. So its not your fault.

12. BArtus

BArtus New Member

I can not find warcat 6.3 ore 6.5 :/ is there any archive of warcat drivers ??

13. fobis

fobis New Member

okaaayyy. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier...
    BUT, let's stop the flaming, guys. Who cares who's "more right" than the other... this thread is here to spread "the good word" about WarCats... so let's just leave it at that.
    Whether you like the drivers (or even WarAnakin) is completely subjective and entirely YOUR OWN OPINION. If someone says something that you would like to correct, then do so without starting a flame war, please.
    P.S. I would like to apologize to WarAnakin for any offense done to him in this thread.

14. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

fobis here you go

15. fobis

fobis New Member

Ummm. Okay... Thanks for the link? haha
    I've known where I can get them if I wanted 'em. ;)
    But if other people want 'em, there's the link.

16. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

was just wondering if using ATT will over ride the tweaks in these drivers. By the way tried them and love them.

17. jp306

jp306 New Member

nope...it won't, but if you use CCC it will override your ATT setting every time you reboot. So I would say to uninstall it before installing ATT.

18. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

thanks for the answer.... was wondering if the tweaks were registry settings that could be overwritten as most of the other driver versions are.. Sounds like may have come up with a way of tweaking the setting on a game per game basis changing the reg settings on the fly, does this sound right?

.haven't used CCC for a long time.

19. aNy_oNE

aNy_oNE New Member

I have that program, lol. Doesn't do anything much, except that it has overclocking support for my card and I can modify timings with it.

BTW, great job on the drivers, I use the 6.5's cause my card isn't supported by any later ones.

20. cowboy10uk

cowboy10uk New Member

ok, tweakrus seems to be down, Has anyone got any other links so i can get these drivers. Pretty please :)