WarCraft 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Impulse, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Impulse

Impulse l33t

[SIZE=x-small]Man WarCraft 3 is AWESOME!, I've been playing it for like 10 hours and its so fun :D. Much better than StarCraft, hahahaha. /me continues to play WC3 on Kali now... :eek:[/SIZE]

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yes I agree, the game is superb, I have thoroughly enjoyed the 10-15 hours of play ive had with it so far, recommended !!! :cool:

3. Impulse

Impulse l33t

[SIZE=x-small]Yup, the game is fun and jesus, ive been playing it for 9hours a day.. or even more or less, but the game is AWESOME :)[/SIZE]

4. Ijustwannaknow

Ijustwannaknow Driverheaven Senior Membe

same as two only this one is in 3d.

5. HardwareHeaven

i played V2 for over a year, this one is different, well as different as another RTS game can get.

6. Spigot

Spigot ph34r the l33t ducky

Yeah

That's the problem with RTS's these days. I used to be a huge RTS fan, but I tend to enjoy playing them through single-player more than multi. I guess that's why the Warcraft and C&C series are so enjoyable for me. C&C actually layers on the cheese when it comes to their inter-mission movies, and the Blizzard games are just so classy and polished.

I'll be getting War 3 in a week or 2 when it arrives. I know it'll be good. I just am not insanely excited since most of my RTS gaming of late hasn't lasted long. I try out the new features/weapons/units in a given RTS, then 3 hours later I'm bored. I hope War 3 is interesting enough, story and mission-wise, to keep me occupied (especially when it has Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights as competition on my system).

7. HardwareHeaven

yes I tend to agree with nearly everything you said there spigot. warcraft III is really well made, and I think they got the balance pretty well. im not sure of the depth of gameplay as ive only played it for ... about 15 hours total, but the cut scenes are nicely done, and the storyline seems quite strong for a RTS game. well meaning that all the "good" guys dont follow the stereotypical roles they normally would.

8. Impulse

Impulse l33t

[SIZE=x-small]I can't stop playing the Awesome game!... HELP ME!.. hehe :D[/SIZE]

9. RadeonMAXX

RadeonMAXX Made Man

Yeah I would be playing it now, but it would take to damn long for me to download(56k:mad: ). The final version is freaking huge. But a friend will be sending it to me here soon.:D

10. Renegade[CSR]

Renegade[CSR] New Member

Lets keep warez talk off the forums :) Thanks

11. HardwareHeaven

as long as there are no warez links i.e URLS etc or details its ok.

12. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

When's it gonna be released in stores?

13. Spigot

It is due out...

...next Wednesday, June 3rd.

The saddest part of this is that Blizzard is using a "Street Date" policy, which means that while the stores actually have the game now (I saw my collector's edition at EB yesterday... was THIS close to touching it), they are not allowed to sell it until 12:01am, June 3rd. If they do they could be fined and/or blacklisted by Blizzard!

Sigh. Most of the time release dates occur and you have to wait an extra day for the product to arrive in the store. This time the product is THERE, but we can't touch it till the release date.

Sigh.

14. Frodo301

Frodo301 Outraged

Re: It is due out...

Wow, I've got to wait another year for W3? :( :p That streetdate policy for vendors is only as good as the vendor is to enforce it. I've got a friend who has it right now that was picked up from a store who apparently was lax in their enforcement.

15. Spigot

Re: It is due out...

D'oh! I missed that date thing... sigh.

Well, I know the EB I'm getting mine from was having myself and a few other regulars keeping our eyes open to see if any of the other local stores were breaking the streetdate policy. If they did, they were going to rat out the other store and hopefully Blizzard would just throw up their hands as the games were getting out and then we could all be playing this weekend...

but so far, people in the area at least are sticking w/ the streetdate. Seems that nobody wants to be the store that gets nailed.

Oh well. I'm moving this weekend anyway. I can wait till I get my system set up again next week and THEN I can play WC3... but I won't be able to play NWN in the meantime... arg!

16. RadeonMAXX

RadeonMAXX Made Man

Got the game yesturday. Man I must say, it has some impressive graphics. I take it Battlenet isn't working yet? Can't seem to connect.:p

17. Spigot

I doubt BNet will be up and running until the official release (July 3)...

If they were smart (and probably unethical) they'd have it set up so they could see how many people actually had either ISO's or pre-street date copies by letting them log into and start a session of Warcraft 3 on Battlenet and then logging their IP's and tracking them with hordes of mangy dogs...

But that'd just be mean :)

I can't wait to get it though. Looks like it'll be a blast to play.

18. edperks

edperks Life is Good

I loved the first 2 and from what I hear the 3rd is great too, Man I wish I lived close to a EB or mall . Maybee I will order it over the web.

19. rushstrike

rushstrike New Member

Well Warcraft3 was fun the first 2 or 3 weeks, after that it got quite boring. I am now back to starcraft. Hopefully the final version and REAL battle.net support will make it more interesting.

20. RadeonMAXX

RadeonMAXX Made Man

HEY, no warez talk allowed!!!!!!!!!

:p