We need your help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaByte, Dec 31, 2010.

1. MegaByte

MegaByte New Member

Hello everyone,

first of all, I'm here to say I'm not speaking only on behalf of myself, but as the many voices of the Dolphin project (the users, in particular). We need your help.

What is the Dolphin project?

The Dolphin project is an Open Source initiative to emulate both the Wii and the Gamecube, and so far it has got astonishing results (I tested it myself). So far, so good... except they didn't get sound quite right yet.

I'm not a coder myself, so I'll try to explain what I grasped so far: to emulate sound, they have two plugins: a high-level plugin, which is faster and works with many games, but can be very innacurate (with instruments missing, which can ruin a sound), and the low-level plugin (which is supposed to be accurate, but emits lots of noise and it is so slow it makes games unplayable).

What I plead with you is: can you please lend us a hand improving the low-level plugin? I came here because I know there might be many expert coders (Eugene being an extraordinary example), and your help would be invaluable to all of us.

If you want to visit the project homepage, please feel free to browse Dolphin - Gamecube and Wii Emulator, and, in particular Dolphin, the Gamecube and Wii emulator - Forums - SVN Revision Discussion. If you decide to help us, please contact Mylek (the developer of an LLE patch, which can be found at http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=12950 and/or skid (project leader).

Thank you very much in advance,

Megabyte.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Wish i could help..... the dolphins pretty amazing emulator... specially considering the number of people that said it would be impossible to emulate the gc/wii

3. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

As much as I'm interested in open source emulator projects such as Dolphin (GC & Wii) and PCSX2 (PS2) emulators, I still would wish kX coders focused on kX project only. kX Audio drivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any emulator :)