Web Plus x4 and HTML .... some help please

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Mr Cairo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

OK a while ago i was asked to put together a site for my sons karate club they asked me because i build computers and to them Computer/Internet/web Design same thing ..

anyway the cost of a pro done one was beyond the club so i did have a play and i knocked a site together ... its not great but it works for what they want BTW i did this with WebPlus x4

But now i really want to improve the fonts etc and the the layout so i am trying to add text but i am having very little luck , there is an option to add text in WebPlus but when i do it forgets all my spacing and just adds the text as one large block

i have no idea of HTML so could anyone look at this and tell me what i need to fix to change the text to separate paragraphs and change the font size etc

basically the HTML looks like this

<!-- Header Code -->

<!--Header code for HTML frag_5 -->

<!-- Body Code -->

<!-- HTML frag_5 -->

<!--Preamble-->
    <div style="position:absolute; left:178px; top:201px; width:561px; height:150px; /*MainDivStyle*/" __AddCode="here">
    <!--MainDivStart-->
    <div id="frag_5" style="text-align:left; /*Tag Style*/" __AddCode="here">

Sensei Natacha Coleman 3rd Dan started training at the age of 6 with the Welsh Bushi Kai in Port Talbot. After a short break Natacha started training at the Afan Lido club under the legendary Shihan Noblett 8thDan. She achieved her Dan grade in March 2001 and became a Sensei in March 2006.

Shortly after becoming a Sensei Natacha started the Cwrt Herbert Karate Club in Neath.Natacha has always enjoyed competing in Kumite and Kata and also has some Kick-Boxing experience.Natacha was instrumental in starting the Afan Lido Female Kumite team and captained the team at several tournaments.

Natacha is qualified as a Karate coach to NVQ Level 3 and is First Aid qualified. Natacha is also the Child Welfare Officer for the whole association and has almost 10 years experience of teaching.

Sensei Mark Coleman 3rd Dan started training in Tumble Karate club at the age of 8 years old and graded up to Brown belt. After a few years break Mark started back at Swansea University Karate club with Shihan Ritchie Noblett 8th Dan as a white belt and achieved his Dan grade in September 2003.

Mark was awarded his 3rd Dan in September 2007 and became joint instructor at Cwrt Herbert Karate Club with his wife Natacha. Mark has a traditional approach to training and has a keen interest in Karate history and the application of Kata. Recently Sensei Coleman has been appointed as Kata coach to train students in competition Kata.

Sensei Coleman is First Aid qualified and is shortly to be qualified to NVQ Level 3 Coaching.

Sensei Jenna Evans 3rd Dan was awarded her 3rd Dan in March 2008. She enjoys kumite and was a key member of the Afan Lido Female Kumite team. Jenna also has experience in Kick-Boxing.

Sensei Evans is a qualified Karate Coach to NVQ Level 3 and instructs at the University Karate Club as well as Neath Karate Club.
    </div></div>
    <!--Postamble-->

If i do this as it stands it means the final page looks like this

[​IMG]

and ideally i would like it too look something like this

[​IMG]

anyone have any ideas or advice on sorting out the HTML (other than dont use Webplus x4 use Random other app etc instead)

cheers

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Use HTML formatting tags

<p>Insert you paragraphs betwixt these</p>

End of a sentence and new line requires this.</br>

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

So possibly it would look something like this ?

<!-- HTML frag_5 -->

<!--Preamble-->
    <div style="position:absolute; left:178px; top:201px; width:561px; height:150px; /*MainDivStyle*/" __AddCode="here">
    <!--MainDivStart-->
    <div id="frag_5" style="text-align:left; /*Tag Style*/" __AddCode="here">

<p><br>
    Sensei Natacha Coleman 3rd Dan started training at the age of 6 with the Welsh Bushi Kai in Port Talbot. After a short break Natacha started training at the Afan Lido club under the legendary Shihan Noblett 8thDan. She achieved her Dan grade in March 2001 and became a Sensei in March 2006.</br>

<br>
    Shortly after becoming a Sensei Natacha started the Cwrt Herbert Karate Club in Neath.Natacha has always enjoyed competing in Kumite and Kata and also has some Kick-Boxing experience.Natacha was instrumental in starting the Afan Lido Female Kumite team and captained the team at several tournaments.</br>
    <br>
    Natacha is qualified as a Karate coach to NVQ Level 3 and is First Aid qualified. Natacha is also the Child Welfare Officer for the whole association and has almost 10 years experience of teaching.</p>

</div></div>
    <!--Postamble-->

{EDIT}

OK just tested that and it seems to work ok one more question (of many) though how do i adjust the Font size on text

cheers for this BTW Jac google has way to many answers :)

4. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

<font size = "3">some karate text</font>

Values between 1 & 7.

5. Mr Cairo

Thanks again Jac i am very slowly getting to where i need this to be

Just need to figure out how to wrap text around pictures , add special characters , change some fonts , add a bulletin ticker etc etc etc

Please dont go anywhere in the next few weeks :)

6. dltre

dltre New Member

7. Mr Cairo

cheers for that but after a few days of trying to work stuff out i went back to google and amazon and eventually plugged for Xara Web Designer and thats working out real nice

It has taken me a day or so to get this up and running

index

The club love it and personally i think its a hell of an improvement :)

thnaks for all the advice and help though much appreciated :)