Weird Control Hang Up

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sew333, May 11, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 Member

Hello. Never happened like this in this game,Control Remedy.
    I was able to run game 24 hours without issue. But Today game just freeze,hang up.

Mouse not responding,keyboard not responding.

CTRL ALT DELETE logout from system. Event viewer nothing about crash,no driver crash. Just simply game freeze hangs.

Killed in task manager i.

I have 2080 Ti Aorus NO OC stock,9700K Stock. Any ideas why that happened? My pc are stable. But i dont know if something is broken in pc?

I remember that on this day i do something inside pc case. I changed position of GPU AIO cable ,because cable get inside of back case exhaust fan. So fan was not turning. So i just move position of cable to not interfere with fan. And after that i run CONTROL and after 2-3 hours game freeze. Something like that never happened ,game never freeze on this pc for me. So maybe i just damaged something in pc or that was coincedence?

2. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Hmmm, I'll let @Judas handle this one. I got nothing. Sorry.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

1. Is this the first time you play this game and the first time you reach the part where the game freezes?
    2. Does it freeze on the same part every time or after same amount of time?
    3. Have you installed anything else since the previous time you played the game without issues?
    4. What is a GPU AIO cable?

4. sew333

sew333 Member

Game is on epic launcher. Yesterday i left game running when i go out from home for 2 hours.

When i back i saw: game freezed,character stop moving,mouse not reacting.
    So i was able only to make CTRL ALT DELETE and kill process in task manager.
    Event viewer nothing say about APP CRASH and no DRIVER CRASH. Just game stop reacting,moving. Also now its fine again.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Since you refuse to answer my questions. I assume the game crashed only once after leaving it for hours. That could easily mean some memory leak or problem with the Epiclauncher. Not necessarily an issue if the game has crashed only once.

6. sew333

sew333 Member

It happened again. I reproduced that. After 20 hours. All freezes,character stop moving,mouse not reacting,keyboard stop responding. All i can do is to CTRL ALT DELETE and kill game in task manager. No display driver crash,no app crash in event log.

7. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Please answer the questions @Trusteft asked above. If you don't answer us and reply our questions we can't really help resolve the problem.