Weird dreams

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

So, you had a weird dream recently? Post it here.

I had a very weird dream a couple of days ago. I typed it down to a friend over a messenger, so I copied and pasted here with some minor changes to make it more readable, but not perfect.
    For me it was probably the second most weird that I can remember.
    Here it is:

I was somewhere, i think outside, and there was, kinda of country side, but not 100% sure and it was night.
    I think there were some people near me, behind me and to the left, I think and they or we or someone was going to do something and we were expecting something, I think fireworks. Wwe all look towards a certain direction, let's say south just to make it easier to explain more later, and we see these, like small fireworks things and they end after a couple of seconds.

Suddently something, we hear or see (or at least I do), coming from the "north".
    I slowly turn clockwise and at "west" I see huge and I mean Kms high and long, fire, like a fire wave, moving infront of me from
    north to south. I was stuck looking at west and I could see some trees, not far from me, about 50 meters or so, I think they were 3
    of them, couldn't be more than 5 IIRC. They instantly turned into burned trees, charcoal, and were bend by this "fire wave" in just a
    few seconds.
    When this ended, they turned right up, still standing, but of course they were burned, black and all that and I could hear something
    or someone, a male I believe, voice. VERY VERY loud, but for some reason not hurting my ears and at the same time I could hear,
    perhaps with his voice, perhaps not, something like a (don't laugh) psalm or something with just a voice, no music etc.
    I continued to turn clockwise and at north west I could see a city. There was a mountain on the far side and the city was from there
    all the way near where I was standing, it looked a bit like a valley and everything, everything was completely destroyed, burned,
    destroyed to ruins that almost looked they have been there for a long long time. With some buildings standing, like half a floor or
    something. There was a red (-ish) colour all over the ground and the sky and I could feel a wind, normal wind strength and temperature. I would could still hear the voice and/or the "psalm". I turned even more and looked north and there, there was a road going up a very small in altitude hill. In the distance, perhaps 50-100 meters, not sure, I could see a man, looking a bit old, couldn't see clearly his face for some reason and I think he had something white around his face, perhaps a beard perhaps not. He was wearing something...else, not sure what, that it was all white. He was walking down the road towards me and the voice was unbelievably loud, but again for some reason it wasn't hurting my ears. Like there were speakers all over the sky and the ground and everywhere.
    I think the person there said something to me, but I am not sure what, or at least I think not what. For some reason just before I
    woke up I am pretty sure, but not 100% that something was said about the end, an apocalypse. Not sure if it was me or if it was
    that voice or if I just thought about it before I woke up. Feeling very, weird, not scared, just....weird.
    I don't think I could understand the words of the voice and/or psalm, or even the language it was in, at least at the time they didn't
    make sense in terms of meaning per word, but they FELT very serious and very authoritative.

That's it.

Because I know what it may sound like, I am not religious.

2. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Well, at least now we know what the end times will look like. Sounds to me like you played a little too much Oblivion when the game came out, and maybe a little more after, I haven't dreamt since I was a kid man, ofcourse I most probably do dream but don't remember any of them, maybe you're stressing yourself out too much in your studies or your life, maybe it's time for a looong vacation??? Hope you get over it dude, you sound pretty shaken up by this here dream.

Edit: Not to say that I wouldn't be quite shaken up by such a dream myself if I had one like it lol. ;)

3. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

If you focus, and you wanted to, you could actually return to the dream to find out what happens next. Did it freak you?

I find that if I concentrate hard enough, empty my mind of everything else, I can take enough of my consciousness into REM and return to the original dream to continue the story. Sometimes, if I really focus hard, I can also control what happens next. I learnt these 'skills' while 'experimenting' with LSD many, many years ago. I'm not saying that folks should trip or anything and I'm not saying drugs are any good for anyone, I'm just saying that is way it was/is for me.

4. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

Either you predicted what the apocalypse looked like or you were having a flash back trip from the LSD.

Sounds fun, either way :p

5. Trusteft

I haven't played Oblivion for a long time. I hadn't played almost any game for a couple of days before I saw that dream. (btw, is the grammar in the previous sentence correct?)
    I do dream and remember my dreams, though they are never "happy". I don't dream (and remember them) so often any more. Perhaps once every couple of months or more. As I said, nothing as weird as this apart from one other dream.
    I am going to return to the UK this September for my final year of this degree and I am eager to do so, I like the weather there. No, that's not the only reason lol.
    I am ok, it is just that it felt very weird and real and unrelated with anything.

I guess so, when I woke up, but not so much freaked/worried, as a WTF was that for? feeling.

That's the thing, I used to be a christian, and even then I believed that only what Jesus said was to be believed and that I was always told/taught that he said there won't be any prophets after him (or something like that), by the same people who believe in the apocalypse, among other things. It made sense to me to believe more at what the son of god/god said than what some dude hundrends of years later, contradicting Jesus.
    BUT, I am not for years now.

I also don't take drugs, never have, never will. Matter of the way I see life. I think it is completely stupid and weaken the human, which makes some people even more confused because I am in favour for 100% legalization of all drugs.

Even alcohol, last time I had a beer was, perhaps in my birthday (december), or even earlier than that. But this because I have "lost" the taste for alcohol, than anything else.

So, I don't know, probably just one weird dream. I have seen things happen in the future before, but nothing at this scale and just a few seconds ahead. So, I guess we are all safe now. :D

6. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

I think everyone's "seen into the future" before, it's called deja vu ;) , but on the other hand just because a dream (especially a bad one) has elements of religion inside it doesen't mean it's necessarily a message from god or for that religion, just my belief, I'm no expert but I believe that if the brain is able to come up with dreams of you falling through space with pokadot shorts or aliens probing you and checking you out then it follows that it probably is capable of making up dreams of any other thing including something from religion, dreams are usually an abstract look at life by our brains/life turned upside down or the other way around, and apparently according to experts are our brains way of "trying to make sense of things". So I'd say you're perfectly normal and have nothing to be worried about my friend.

Or as one of my father's favourite adages puts it:

It is he who knows enough to know, there are a lot of things he does not know. :)

7. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

Well, Christianity is some pretty powerful stuff. It's nothing you just will forget, even if you stop practicing it.

Maybe it was just your brain digging up some stuff out of the old memory chest and decided to catch you off guard, lol.

8. Fr4nk3nst41n

Fr4nk3nst41n New Member

that is absolutely normal, i used to have horrible nightmares when i was a kid (one of the worst was about vampires, skelletons and flying killer dolphins). then this changed everything:

Dreamscape (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now i can do wathever i want.

9. Trusteft

Forget everything else, I saw an even more weird dream last night.

I was having a normal 1-1 conversation with Don Johnson.
    I mean like, WTF?
    I like the guy but...
    Anyway, now I am in the mood to listen to Heartbeat.

10. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

I think dreams are your subconscious mind sorting out the days events so maybe you should try to think of what was happening in your life the week before and try to relate that to the dream.
    I usually have dreams of me doing stuff at home; like making lunch or calling up friends coz that is what i would have been thinking off the night before so maybe it is similar for you just a thought !

11. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

Today I had a strange dream.

I was at a carnival. I bumped into a friend and asked him if he can drive me home when the carnival would end. I lost him in the crowd and went looking for him. The streets got empty and I was wondering around the city alone.

But why the hell was I carrying my pillow around???

BabylenTatarsky likes this.
  12. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

13. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Sometimes i have dreams about doing Parkour, and i'll clip my feet on a kong, or i'll fail a cat leap and slip off the wall and fall into an endless drop and i'll wake with a jolt to find myself sweating and sometimes twitching.
    That's what you get when you don't go find your adrenaline fix lol

One night when i was absolutely hammered i can vaguely remember trying to sleep and kept seeing things like waterfalls and geisers, and my stomach would turn really badly. Tried to fall asleep again and i imagined falling into the waterfall, at which point i legged it to the window and lost my dinner that night..

Haven't had many "jolt" dreams in the past month or so, but i do sometimes see my ex's in my dreams.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  14. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Ya I do get Jolt dreams once while :) lol

15. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Does anyone else have dreams that tell a long story. Where you have to go back to sleep to find out what happens next? With complicated plot-lines...

16. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

lol soap opera dreams, very horror cliché ;)

17. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

my latest dream....

i was at some large room with a guitar in my hands. suddenly, the room went dark, and there was an image on the wall acting as a screen. suddenly green, red, yellow, blue, and orange colored dots started coming down the middle of it. then, with the guitar in my hands i started to press the appropriately colored buttons on the guitar.

and yes, i've been playing alot of guitar hero lately :p

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

sex dreams..
    with my ex wives..
    spontaneous and rough
    followed by cuddling..
    then I wake up..
    whew!!!!

19. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

No wonder: