Weird Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by JoeNukem61201, Apr 12, 2006.

1. JoeNukem61201

JoeNukem61201 Member

I noticed when after my windows log on screen and then it goes to the black screen there is 2 diffrent color blocks on my top left screen.

If I restart and it goes tp the screen there is blue lines accross the screen.

I know it isent my monitor becuase I tryed it with a diffrent one and it was the same result. I thought it was my ram but it isent because i three diffrent sticks of ram in my pc and I tried every single one out.
    I dont understand what the problem is. When I play any game it freezes up. I always close programs to stop streesing out the proccessor.

(I have the latest ati drivers for my 9800 pro.)

What is this bizzar problem?

(But also to tell you 2 nights ago I took out my 256 stick of ram and my pc didnt display the 2 blocks on my screen. But up it till yesterday it started happeneing again. My friend said that maybe if I reinstall windows maybe that will fix the problem.?)

2. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

is your gfx card overheating. sounds like bad gfx card to me.

3. JoeNukem61201

JoeNukem61201 Member

I dont know..i felt it when it was booting up and it gets hot....is there anyway to fix this problem? Im broke....................................

4. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

have you overclocked your card in any way? if so underclock it back to normal

or if you haven't try to buy (if your broke) just a simple system fan. this will probably help. (i've bought another system fan and i've been able to overclock my x800gt to 552\552)

or if you have your PC right up against a wall or in a cupboard or next to a radiator or anywhere that restricts air flow then move it into a cool airy place away from direct sunlight.

Have you got a screenshot at all as this may help as i'm not 100% sure if its overheating or a bad card. Also reinstalling windows (like your friend said) may help.

5. JoeNukem61201

JoeNukem61201 Member

well i used driver cleaner and got rid of the orginal ati drivers I had installed. I downloaded these D.N.A drivers for ati cards and it works fine.. I dont understand the reason with the drivers. That was really weird. The driver is like 2.4.4.4 (I think there old.) I dont know if the newer drivers are overheating my card or not. I just wanted to try older drivers to see how it will work with it.

6. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

drivers shouldn't overheat your card
    if it's working now then thats great. try the cat 6.4's from ati's site see if the problem returns. if it does then go back to the D.N.A drivers.