Weird Titanium X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro PCIe problem

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Smerdlap, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Smerdlap

Smerdlap New Member

Could this be driver problems? Or does it sound like hardware problems?

When I plugin headphones into the front panel of my PC (connected to the HD audio output of the sound card), I hear crackling from harddisks, squealing from GPU, and beeping from wireless network in the right headphone. It seems to be independent of any volume settings. Both Creative's drivers and PAX have the problem.

When the HD audio cable is plugged into onboard audio, the problem goes away. If I plug my headphones into the jack directly on the sound card, the problem also goes away.

Also, I took apart my PC and looked at the PCB that handled the front panel audio and there didn't seem to be any problems with grounding.

Is my card's HD audio output just defective?

I also hear hissing in the left channel only, and it is volume dependent. It only happens with PAX drivers, not Creative's drivers. Does this sound like more of a driver problem?

I don't know why I ever bought a Creative card. It seems like onboard audio is rock solid, while Destructive Labs is plagued with crappy problems.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Maybe you could have weird bad issue with headphone jack. If under warranty I recommend sending your sound card in be look at. By way V1.40 drivers are out your welcome try the new updated :).