Welcome all!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by digitalwanderer, May 9, 2002.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Wow, a place just for nVidiots in a spot where all the ATI guru's hang-out, go figure. Actually, I heard a pretty good rumor that Omegadrive is working on a tweaked set of detonators and that's what is mainly gonna be supported here. (Although ANY nVidia 9x/me questions are more than welcome, I've got a LOT to learn.) They're not quite all ready yet...but soon.

Hmmm....how do we start this off? How's about eveyone who's interested list what dets they're currently using and the pros/cons of 'em? I'm running the 27.42s today on both rigs, but that will probably change before bedtime. I'm still new to nVidia and haven't quite worked my way thru all the drivers yet...there's an awful lot of them.

So far I'm gonna have to go old school and say the best for me so far have been the 29.20 set, the newest being the best. ;) I only changed 'em to play around with some different sets.

2. Mark_Fox

Mark_Fox RIP

I'm using 29.20 because they are the newest but for me the fastest (only by a slight margin though) were 27.50 in WinME.

My rig summary is:

AMD Athlon 1.4 @ 1.46GHz
    ASUS A7A266
    256 MB PC2100 DDR RAM
    Leadtek Geforce3 @ 210/470
    Creative SB Live!

3. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Hi there!!!

Hope you have all read the news at my site and my progress on the nvidia drivers...

I have found someone that helped me with some of the strange settings in XP, and now I'm almost there with the drivers, I think that in about a week I'll have soemthing out...

BTW, the best drivers I have found yet for the nvidia card are the 28.90, so my first release will be based on those.

See ya soon...

BTW, Since then I have added even MORE detail to OpenGL than the one in the photos I posted in my site :rolleyes:

4. crescent_hawk

crescent_hawk New Member

I'm still using the 27.42 on my Geforce256 64DDR :eek: I'll try the 29.2* and see if they help the old card. I still miss My MAXX. :tears:

5. EFA11

EFA11 New Member

Omegadrive, Can you do everyone a favor and name them something without numbers. At least not the same naming as the original. I dread going through the same confusion with people like the 3dfx'ers. They have so many drivers hacked and slapped together, that people get confused from an inf hackers drivers and 3dfx's original. I can only imagine what will happen with Detonators if you give them anything remotely close to an original driver name. :eek:

6. dan109

dan109 New Member

My, my, my, ANOTHER forum :p :p
    Your fingers are going to fall off one of these days DW!! :)

7. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Woo-hoo!

Dan109 graced us with his presence, this is a high honor indeed. :D

***warm_fuzzy_hug***

:D

8. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well EFA11, the drivers will be called just like ATI ones, simply "nVidia Omega Drivers 1.0.xxxx", where the "xxxx" is the driver version they are based on (the first driver release will be 1.0.2890).

One of the main problems with the nvidia drivers is that they CAN'T be mixed with other versions... example: D3D from 28.90 and OpenGL from 23.80 :(
    That limits my resources to a "range" of releases, if NV decides to do 3 drivers based in the 28.XX series, then that's just the number of driver mixes I can do, 3 :tears:

Aside from the technical problems, I'll try to "suck-out" quality out of the drivers, and don't expect my drivers to break speed records ;)

See ya!