welcome to World War III

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Esaz666, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Esaz666

Esaz666 BeardHeaven

Even through, most everything happening in the middle east is negative, there must be a way through the situation.
    Isreal has had a public relations disaster now,the world is angry, especially over the latest airstrike deaths.
    I just wish the good people of both countrys could take control of the situation and stop this spiralling voilence in its tracks.
    Nobody deep down wants to see wasted life snuffed out for no real reason.Tony blair has been a total useless idiot.
    The politicians better do something quick or all hell is going to break loose.
    Un buildings are getting attacked,their failure to help is making them a target.I dont care who's in the wrong or right, the killing must stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock will move." "Oh," said the man, "Whose clock is that?""That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie." "Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?" St. Peter responded, "That's the Queen's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that she has told only two lies in her life."

"Where's Tony Blair's clock?" asked the man.

"Tony Blair's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  2. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Its an interesting theory... but its not an original one and I have to imagine SOMEONE who is in a position to apply this knowledge has already considered this.

I guess Im wondering.... whats the motivation is behind all the hate?

Back in the 70's Iran released 52 US hostages to have trade sanctions lifted (granted after 444 days, but no war was started btw... which indicates diplomacy CAN work, and there IS some level of civility over there) - but why did we put sanctions on them to begin with? - what was Irans motivation to do what ever cause those sanctions? ... and so on...

Just seems like a long history of 'tit for tat' way of 'conflict resolution' has clouded real issues.

Maybe our definition for the term 'foriegn policy' (especially when it includes a military as strong as ours), equates to 'butting in and/or forcing your (and/or your allies) will into other peoples affairs' when no immediate threat to the US is evident?? Or possibly, our military and/or our technology are available to anyone who can afford it??. Shouldnt it instead, mean being the 'peace keepers' we claim to be??

IMO - our countries corporations should have NO right selling ANY military tech or equipment (jets, warheads, missles, tanks, or even bullets, etc) to ANY other country - as it would seem obvious that to me, by supplying arms to other countries - these businesses and their tax collecting gov't, are profiting from these 'skirmishes'. Is our economy worth it?

Now, If we were to use our weapons ONLY for actions taken against us directly, and against those we catch supplying arms to other countries - would make us the true 'peace keeping nation' we claim to be. And IMHO, make for a more peacefull (albiet less eventfull) world.

But - I've asked myself, WHY the US is so hated around the world?, and arms sales to foriegn entities seems to me, to be at, or near the root. But I also understand that, being on the side of the most obvious military and economic power, its 'easier' just to agree with sending the troops into battle than it is to deal with such questions, or to question the motivations of our leaders. But I assure you - its only easy in the short term.

3. Pompey

Pompey New Member

That would affect each countries allies more than the enemy. Most governments already have laws regulating the sale of arms or arms components and in some cases embargos are imposed.

4. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

Iran's motivation to release those hostages was because the outgoing President (Jimmy Carter) wouldn't have resorted to violence while the incoming President (Reagan) would have.

Don't forget that we got word of them leaving Irani airspace at the same time Reagan was being sworn in.

5. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

well, given the USSR situation at the time, Id say it was a real possibility that reagen would not have invaded iran, as it would have left us with our pants down had russia decided to take advantage of our 'weakness'.

Iran releasing the hostages showed me they're NOT just suicidal nut cases - looking to start WWIII. They demonstrated rational thought.

Besides my main point was - there was more behind the taking of those 52 hostages. And that the trade sanctions on Iran were a reaction to something, which Im certain was a reaction to something else.

6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

You know if we didn't buy and sell millitary arms from other countries we would not have the best Millitary force in the world. Frankly american engineering sucks when compared to HK

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Besides the point... Not talking about prevention, talking about what happens when prevention has already failed.

8. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Well, you used the word 'TRIED' to break in... attempt - not necessarily successful... EVEN if they did get in and you injur the guy - presedence has been set - you DONT have the right to use violence unless you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that your life was in danger. period. Your surviving family can visit you in jail...but at least he did'nt take your TV. He'll do that in civil court instead.

Thats the way the law is.

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

No- if the guy tries to break in I can shoot him in the face.. I don't have to wait till he is already inside, putting myself in further danger. If I discover someone already inside, and I think he is armed, I'll shoot him and kill him too.. I won't be spending any time in jail. You can contemplate whether or not you will spend time in jail while the guy rapes your wife and steals all your money, I'll kill him before he gets the chance. It's called self defense.

The same exact thing applies to countries defending themselves.. with violence.. AKA, bombing the crap out of your enemy who is attacking you.

10. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Here we go again :rofl:

-It is called defending your country and your territory
    Give up for them means beeing a coward

What smartness has to do with surrender ??

If they love their country and their ideas they will never give up
    Will you give up ?? NO

They are willing to die for what they love and for what they believe taking several others to hell with them before they are beeing eradicated

Not in the eyes of the world
    These is mostly USA Republican opinion not a World opinion

Most countries are with the UN side and they agree with the "UN word"

But as long the USA playing their "Muppet Show" with their close Friends Israel in these
    UN the only thing it can do is to protest against these war

11. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

These is definately a USA idealogy of what self defence means :lol:

And how can you be so sure that these guy will ever get in your home or he is interested for your home

So you become a attacker and a killer too with the only excuse that you killed him first before he "maybe" does it to you someday
    and by the way you kill his kid and his wife also (unarmed civilians or casualties of war)

I do not see you actually beeing better than these murderer

12. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I see you don't comprehend it.. Oh well, I can't explain it any more clearly than I did.

All of these "if this, if that, etc.. etc.. " Arguments you people are making mean nothing.. I am not talking about your "if" scenarios, I am talking about the scenario I described.

Therefore you're arguments are meaningless in this context.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's your problem, you see no difference between the person killing someone for breaking into their house or being threatened with personal harm and the person breaking into someone's house and killing the owner of the house.

Sounds like the arguments you make for supporting terrorists like Hezbollah..

You people see no difference between good and evil, right and wrong.. Therefore you believe anything these terrorists say.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Alien 1. Thank you for showing everyone why I am not a democrat. They have a good idea but none of them have the balls to step up when the time comes. If you had your way we would have had multiple terrorist attacks on this country by now instead of preventing them ahead of time.

Dem stand - Wait until they hit us then hit back.

Rep stand - Hit them before the hit us.

And the rules of engagement stated by the government are to not fire upon an enemy until you have been fired upon. This is why 2500 men and women have died instead of under 250. This is war damnit, why the f*ck should we be nice about it? Get in there, and get it done. When politicians hinder the millitary our soldiers die.

14. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

What if you hit some where you shouldn't hit??

USA is known to use technology to gain information. In WW2 Russia had agents in every US Government body you can name of. Including secret military program that was decrypting Russian communications from Moscow to Russian embassy in DC, one of their agents were standing right next to the decrypter when he cracked the Russian code. Why they had this network? They user personal contacts something that US has lacked always. If CIA had more field operatives in Iran in the 70’s then the history of Iran could bee different.

BTW. If you have access to Discovery Channel watch program called Why Intelligence fails.

15. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

And if the stinking LIEbural cowards who were in charge at the time hadn't CRIPPLED the CIA we would have.

That's main thing that I absolutly HATE about LIEburals. They fuck things up, and then when it's time for us conservatives to cleanup the mess that they left, they blame US for THEIR fuckups.

16. Iroth

Iroth New Member

Kind of like a projected budget surplus that's been turned into a record deficit? Or raping a fully functional FEMA and sending the National Guard to fight a war so that when the shit hits the fan stateside there's not enough guardsmen to help with the aftermath? Edit: Note that FEMA was a joke under Reagan, Bush I, and now Bush II. It took a "LIEbural" to clean up the mess that the first two of those three created. It only took one CONservative to fuck it back up again.

Those "LIEbural" cowards in power at the time did more for peace and stability in that region then any administration since. I honestly can't think of one visionary CONservative policy, foreign or domestic, that has been a success or even worthy of note.

17. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

If that was true than Osama would be dead.

18. Iroth

Iroth New Member

Osama Bin Laden wasn't a threat during Carter's administration. What are you talking about?

19. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

I thought you were talking about the Clinton Administration.

20. Iroth

Iroth New Member

No, they were referring to the CIA being messed up in the 70's. That would be Carter. But Clinton did bomb the mountains in Tora Bora to kill Osama, he obviously managed to escape.