Well it’s that Time of the year again ;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cow_160483, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Am getting older and older and starting to feel it :bleh:

Any way when i was young I told myself that i would have done a couple of things before i reach 30 and as this magic number approaches i cant help but think of some of this things and gauge how far I have come:

Here Goes:

1. Drive a wickedly cool car, even if I have to rent it... its a work in progress but looking unlikely not because of my unwillingness but because you cant rent cars here :dead: so that one is on the back burner untill i make friend with a really rich person.

2. Master or partially master a form of martial arts.... Am glad to say that i have spent the past 3-4 years doing that and now am well versed in Wing Chun and Shaolin Kung Fu (Wudang fist)

3.Date somebody against my type... I like well grounded "good girl" but i would love to go out with a wild girl who brakes all the rules just once to see how it feels... unfortunately am too much of a woos :oops: at the present moment but am hoping to change that soon:cool:.

4. See the world ... I know its an old cliché but so far I have visited; South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia, France, Israel and the US the top on my list currently is China and Japan.... so if you know someone who knows someone PM me lol;)

5.Live in a cool place..... I have always wanted to live on a farm (judas hit me up we can be room-mates) or in the Arctic for a while, at least until i get sick of the cold (never seen snow and would love to experience that)

Well those are the ones I can remember of the top of my head 2/5 a bad showing on my part :x

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

niceguyrichy likes this.
  2. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

I wouldn't worry about that. The other 3/5 are either:

1. Useless. I mean, come on, so what if you get to drive an expensive pile of metals and plastics?

2. Dangerous. You know why hurricanes always have women's names? Because in the beginning everything is hot and wet but when they leave they take homes and cars along with them!

3. Living in a cool place certainly sounds nice, but I believe that you'd get bored and/or tired in a matter of weeks, if not days. Living in a farm or in a cold place certainly sounds cool, but it isn't easy. I mean, most people who live at such places want to get out of there! You could try going at such a place for a 3-4 week vacations and see if you like it there and if you can find a job to do, then decide.

comp_ali and Cow_160483 like this.
  3. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

thanks grace .... but hay remember those where goals when i was really young, i think 12-15 or there abouts ;)

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Cow......

What! are you crazy! Count yourself lucky and look at some pictures of snow...... Brrrrr.........

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

You don't want to live in the Arctic, bro. I'm at the 45th parallel and believe me, when it hits -10°C in the winter and the wind starts to blow, it's as far up north as you'll ever want to be. As for the snow, yeah, it can be fun, a friend of mine had some folks from Mexico and Brazil visit last December and they had a blast. :)

Happy birthday once again, enjoy it. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Happy birthday, Cow. If you're ever in Israel again, let me know.

7. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Happy Birthday , Cow.
    You are older than me :lol:

8. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Happy birthday cow, i'm getting close to the big 30 myself...

9. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Once again, happy bday again cow. Why not lease a bmw, lol.

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

happy bday moo :)
    how old are ya in cow years then :confused: cos it works like the same as with dogs, yeah ?

11. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

[​IMG]
    and u can start dreaming:D it could be a mercedes benz,Ferrari,Porsche,jaguar,Honda,BMW,Nissan,toyota,vw

u need to get ur behind whipped by kunfu:evil:

somebody like her

[​IMG]

i know someone:D use a tool called Google earth and go where ever u want just by a click:rofl:

the closest cold place is the south pole the second thought the closest place is my pool itis also cool toooo :lol:

he has not yet started on his rig and things in it :evil:

happy birthday once again cow

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  12. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

it is not easy to lease a pricey car

it will all depends on the birthday bumps he is going to get today :evil::evil:

13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

[​IMG]

14. Calliers

i was just kidding, wow, lol,

Grace saying "driving an expensive pile of metal and plastics" is like saying to a woman "wearing unecessary and useless oils, scents and oinments", fact of the matter is the reason mankind is so inefficient at things we should have mastered a long time ago is at the core of our existence we are still animalistic, ain't no drive stronger than the sex drive.

15. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

Your milk is getting sour cow, LOL

16. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

Don't you think that you should have rearranged your priorities since you were a teenager at least once? :p J/K

You're welcome. Happy birthday. :)

Sure it is. Do not get me wrong, I do enjoy a good perfume and a nice purse but I do not care about perfumes and purses with fancy brand names and 6 digit price tags. It is the same exact equivalent of a man wanting a "super car" instead of a good (affordable) sports/saloon car, except that the man's toy is far more expensive. Well, most of the time.

No drive stronger than the sex drive? Try vanity or ambition for size...

17. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

What exactly counts as an "affordable sports car"? Something around the €50000 mark? It's not 6 digits, but it's also not the kind of money that's ever been in most people's back pockets. :lol:

There are tons of things that we already have in our lives that we could survive without, but man would our lives suck that way. Centering one's life around acquiring material goods and spending money surrounding oneself in luxury for the sake of it makes for a wasted lifetime, but I see nothing wrong in owning what one really enjoys and can afford. And if someone gets fortunate enough to be able to purchase a beautiful and fast car and a nice place of one's own in the tropics or Mediterranean, or something like that, why not?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  18. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

I wouldn't know about that, expensive sports cars do not appeal to me at all. ;) I think that it all depends on how much you earn and how much you can afford. I don't see why someone who is ridiculously rich shouldn't buy a Ferrari if they want to, yet I do not understand why someone who earns 10000€ a year would care about driving a Ferrari or not; much less set it as a life goal. Anyway, I believe that the life goals are wrong to begin with, make you goal in life to become someone great and rich and then go buy any piece of junk you want! :D From my point of view, I don't have a car and I don't have to worry about gas prices, insurance, maintainance, finding a parking spot, washing it, caring for it or even driving it; the taxi drivers do all that for me and cost me less than the actual thing! Plus I get to type forum posts on the way. :rofl:

I'm with you on that; if someone can easily afford something, anything, I don't see why they should not have it. But setting as a life goal to buy (or even rent) something ridiculously expensive and entirely useless when you cannot really afford it at all...that's a whole different matter. But then again, that comes from a person who drove a few of those super cars and...felt nothing at all. Well, I mean their seats were nice but I wouldn't spend 15 years worth of salaries for that! :D

Anyway...why would a cow care about driving a super car? :p

19. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

One of the very problems with our current situation though is an over abundance of overall garbage out there...

yes it's nice to have options, but the amount of PR and utter bullshit surrounding the advertisements and products that are constantly being dangled in our face, the jealousy and all round mental warfare that goes on revolving around millions to billions of tons of crap that no one needs, no one rarely ever has a use for, and really doesn't make their quality of life any better just ends up making life actually more unforgiving and confusing. Especially when the products we are being sold either contain nothing of which we think or are told it has or doesn't have.

Getting down to the grass roots of the matter though when it comes to animalistic comparisons, specially when it pertains to this, is a bloody joke too, Animals overall do not do the things we humans do, specially when it comes to materialistic things.

Yes we may have a drive to do something unique or something we enjoy, that a given, but it's quite difficult for people to figure out what they enjoy doing, and worse yet, quite often are prevented from being able to do what they enjoy, even most simplistic of tasks, these tasks which could be a form of employement, and then results in a rediculious wide range of requirements to be able to get said employment.

The whole process comes down to a unatural form of elimination through the process of whom can afford what even at the basic level, or whom is willing to chance debt suicide to do it, and yet we think this is normal or acceptable by the masses, in reality it's nothing short of being completely idiotic and robotic, brainless at best.

In the end no one should do it simply to say that they've done it, specially if they didn't enjoy it. That's like bragging about being able to shoot yourself in the foot, it's still stupid.

5 seconds, 1 hour, a few days of something relatively initially good is still something that you can't hold onto very long which beyond just the very initial experience doesn't amount of much of anything at all.

20. Calliers

Vanity and ambition are directly linked to sex drive. Man climbs up ladder, looks down at other poor sobs who are still at the bottom trying to get to the top once he gets to the top, pushes ladder he used over laughing, spends the rest of his time doing his best to set up as many systems to prevent any other man from reaching him from that point on while simultaneously trying not to lose his new found position to other powerful males and enjoy his wealth. Sad as it may sound, this is the way of the world.