What are you getting yourself/others and receiving for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

http://www.glasses-b2c.com/oakley-crankcase-sunglass-c-7/oakley-crankcase-sunglass-4005-p-151.html

Although those are not Oakley Crankcase sunglasses but I checked the site out thoroughly before I bought anything and it doesn't seem like there's anything negative posted about it. Apparently it's a Chinese owned site based in the U.S. which would explain why their site is in such disarray in regard to models.

Also they sell Oakley's regularly for $165.00 whatever the model and I found a guide which explained how to tell fake from real and it said if the glasses do not come with a case and pouch even warranty papers like on the main site that doesn't really mean they are fake but of course the reverse is also true.

2. Calliers

Been reading up about whether the Oakley's I got are fake or not and apparently fake Oakley's do not have raised logos, instead having the Oakley "O" and words printed on instead of being raised whether they are vintage Oakley's or newer ones. Anyway we'll see when I get them. I'll be sure to check them thoroughly.

3. Calliers

Replaced my PS4. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

85% discount on every set in the website, Highly suspicious mate.. (Personally would not of touched that website at all) when the actual Oakley store does not have a discount like that.

I would keep a very close eye on you chosen method of payment for a while just to be safe..

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Keeping a close eye on my credit card transactions, but since it's a visa debit and I have two accounts, one that I use to buy things online and one where I keep my money, I should be safe. If the card is compromised I'll get it replaced. (I transfer the amount I want to spend to the other account when I want to buy something precisely for situations like these, the balance is practically zero normally)

6. Calliers

A little update, I have decided to cancel the credit card I used and get a new one sent out to me in a week's time, and since this site doesn't have an option to cancel your order (which apparently is a violation) I'll be getting my money back from the bank.

7. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Smart. I do it the same way... only it is a $500 debit card. Although I usually put some credit on there.

8. Calliers

Just bought these to make up for the loss, this time off the official Canadian Oakley store :), clear Oakley Batwolf sunglasses :

[​IMG]

9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Man, I wouldn't even click on that url lol. You are smarter than that.

Enjoy your new new glasses.
    Even though they are not orange.

10. Calliers

Lol, thanks. Yeah I know, I guess even the smartest people can be super dumb sometimes. (after avoiding all those stupid email links and fake league of legend free riot points links)

11. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Good :)

It's just a thing "If sounds (Or appears) to be to good an offer, then it usually is"

12. Calliers

Got a Quebec Nordiques cap from my best friend today as well as some cash :) :

[​IMG]

13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

this is about the most I've ever spent in steam this year.... and about half of it wasn't for me.... lol

14. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I picked up an Eclipse Black one recently off ebay.

$(KGrHqZ,!jgFDKvN0GfYBRCW3+QfSg~~60_12[1].JPG

Calliers likes this.
  15. Calliers

Nice! But mine's still cooler. :p

16. Calliers

So got mainly cash for Christmas but also got the following (got the english version of the Hatsune Miku Project Diva F though):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

My mother, who's 85 now, was remarried two years ago this coming Valentine's Day. This is the 3rd marriage for the both of them. She was telling me yesterday just how fortunate the both of them have been to have had good spouses. They both have survived the death of their previous ones.

Well, my new step-dad spent hours upon hours...as well as some money...putting together a USA State Series Quarter Collection. This series started in 1999 and completed in 2009. At lunch, he told me that he went to the bank many times over the past few months and ordered rolls of quarters just in order to be able to locate all the specific quarters that were needed to complete the collection. He did this, not just for me, but for my brother and two sisters, as well. To give some perspective on just what a task this was, as well as how much it may have cost, he told me that he went through EIGHT rolls one time before finding even ONE of the quarters needed for the collection. One roll here is worth $10.00 USD!

The end result is this....

[​IMG]

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  18. Calliers

You know I have a coin collection of my own and sometimes getting a whole series gives you a great feeling inside. That's a wonderful gift right there.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  19. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Oh my, that States Quarter's collection is awesome - I have the foldout myself in a closet somewhere. Nice one about the car too Jason.

Cool Blue Sunglasses!

Hey all, still alive, still raising a family and working my tail off, but enjoying it.

Anyway, I purchased a second Xbox 360 for my wife and kids to use in the family room - the first one (two years ago) is my wife's - in the bedroom.

Got my 15 year old a Mass Effect hoodie and my 14 year old daughter some nice boots among other things.

For my wife, some Knowing perfume and an Estee Lauder kit - things they all wanted.

I got a couple pairs of Levis, had to order online 'cause I'm too small to find them in the stores - 28" waist and all...

Oh, and finally retired my eight (?) year old PC Power Silencer 610 for a Rosewill Capstone 750.

Hope y'all have a nice 2015!

niceguyrichy, Dyre Straits and MIG-31 like this.
  20. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

So good to see swimtech back! Happy New Year to you and yours!

MIG-31 likes this.