What do you do in your spare time?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by -Mr.Fridge, Mar 24, 2010.

1. -Mr.Fridge

-Mr.Fridge DriverHeaven's Fridge

Hello folks!

Just an off-topic for everbody to say what they do in they'r spare time.

Myself, I used to spend most of my spare time (Working from 8:30-19:00) playing games, as long as it would kept me from going out at night (at about 23:00 every Thu. and Fri.).

But recently, I have returned to the Capoeira lessons! I used to do that for about 5 years since I was 14 and than I stopped for the army period (In Israel you have to serve 3 years when you reach 18).
    Now, Iv'e returned to the lessons and GOD this is so much fun!
    Every night, after the capoeria lessons I go back home, hardly driving, hardly walking - completely torn to bits! I don;t remeber it was that hard but than again, I was only 14 :)

What are you guys doing when you have free time to waste? TV? PC? MRI?

Mousey likes this.
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I don't consider playing games part of my spare time. If anything, I spend my spare time sleeping. ;)

Falstaff likes this.
  3. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

What is this spare time you speak of?

4. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

He means that time when you carry all the bags for your lady while she is doing the shopping... :evil:

Falstaff likes this.
  5. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Hahahah... Spare time those where the days :(

Falstaff likes this.
  6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Aaah Capoeira, Very interesting stuff Fridge how long have you been training now you've started up again? Had a bash at a little bit myself, I fail lol. Since i'm only in college 3 days a week and it feels like i'm slacking i spend my spare time playing guitar, attempting to pull (if you're british you'll get it :rofl:), parkour training when the weather's good or just straight up sleeping really.

Occasionally i'll dive in and do a bit of web development or making some themes for hardWIRED, But not as much anymore since we're focusing on functionality rather than aesthetics for the time being. Unfortunately this means i've got to learn PHP which i'm also trying to do alongside mastering CSS inside out lol

When i get an hour or 2's free time between the odd lesson at college i'll grab a couple of mates and go down into the park to do some tricking since there's a nice big hill with a softish landing :) I'll film some of my park tricking and edit it together so you can guys can see how i'm coming on

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I sleep.

8. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Masturbate.

Fortunately, maybe unfortunately now that I think about it, I don't have that much spare time.

Falstaff likes this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

"spare time" is an oxymoron ..... There's only 24 hours in one day, anything over that would be spare time.

10. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

That may well be the case, Setting a few of those 24 hours aside for what you want to do is probably one of the only things we can do as human beings to keep ourselves sane though :)

I keep myself sane, By doing things people class as insane. The irony is beautiful

11. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I don't know. I'm sure I have some spare time somewhere, because I'm doing some things which aren't related to work or family, but it's entirely possible I'm just dreaming I've done them.

Falstaff likes this.
  12. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

I'm a daddy, a boyfriend, a student and a cook and I STILL find spare time to program and engineer music, play Modern Warfare 2, travel and do just about anything else I want, including sleep.

I've never understood the conundrum of "being too busy". If you ask me, it seems like a polite way of saying "I'm so pretentious that I don't have time for you or anything that doesn't pertain to my success". Plus, if ANY of you were really THAT busy, you wouldn't have time to post anything here on the boards...those of you who state you "have no free time" are the ones who post here the most frequently.

Seems like y'all should re-think your outlook on life...or spend less time here and start doing something really fun, like getting laid, or going for a hike. :p

Trusteft and Falstaff like this.
  13. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

lol I have zero spare time this last 2 weeks. ugh. I also can't believe 2 hours of that busy period was spent watching Twilight (don't ask). lol

Falstaff likes this.
  14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I only have time for mental masturbation but I have a very very big mind.

15. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I feel dirty just thinking of what Falstaff might be thinking while doing his mental jerking off.
    lol

I have plenty of spare time. I have to write something within April, but that is a one off thing, so I have nothing but spare time. If you are not a beautiful woman, "know people", lie your ass off, good luck finding any job at the current economic climate here. Not that I have any marketable skills or anything. So, I am unemployed.
    Gaming, old TV series I never got to watch when they were on, and countless hours of pointless web browsing.
    It's very boring. I am serious, only playing games and having fun is not that fulfilling if you do it all the time. Perhaps I should reconsider and start looking for ways to move to the USA as originally planned lol.

16. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Work on some tunes, do a bit of DJ practice, pick up a camera and go for a walk, go see mates, the usual

17. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

i like pulling things to bits and rebuilding them
    latest project is an old Les Paul copy i bought cheap, gonna completely rewire it (new pots, caps etc. haven't decided if the pickups want changed yet or not), make it sound just about good enough to do that classic shape justice :)

18. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

I used to like taking things apart when I was a kid and always ended up with screws left over when i put it back together again :bleh:

Its a conspiracy I tell you :p

19. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Hanging out with friends, macking on girls, etc, it can be expensive this spare time.

20. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

You're wrong in what you think of "being too busy". I really can't see how "have time for you" gets into it, considering that spare time is time you have for yourself, not for others, so that's a definition problem. I also don't know how "success" gets in there, considering that work and family can only very loosely be defined as "success".

Personally, on most week days I get up at 5:30, get back home from work at 18:30 (of that time, around 3 hours is driving to work and back), and then spend time with my wife and daughter (1.5 year old). My daughter goes to sleep around 9pm, and then I might watch TV with my wife, or might spend a little time on my PC. Then I walk the dog, take a shower, maybe wash dishes and bottles, and go to sleep around 11pm (which is way too little sleep time for me).

I post a lot here, and do it from work or from my life's laptop in the living room, while keeping an eye on my daughter. I do get some browsing time that way, but I definitely don't get to do most of the things I did when I was single. Many days I don't even switch on my own PC.