What do you guys think about Koolance Liquid Cooling Cases?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Desert_Siege, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Desert_Siege

Desert_Siege Professional Slacker

I just ordered the Large Tower in Black w/window kit installed, Enermax 431W PS, 200Watt CPU cooler, Chipset cooler and 2 hard drive coolers. Most of the reviews I have read speak pretty highly of them and for $431, it better be good! I just can't deal with all this damn fan noise anymore, so water cooling seemed like the way to go. I could listen to my fish tank all day long, but these Delta's have got to go...lol. :D

I think my next stop is DriverHeaven store for a new Abit board for this Athlon XP (Go ahead JanusZ, you can smile now!) and retire my trusty old Epox 8K7A+. Anyone heard any bad things about these cases? I really want to know because I still have time to cancel it....lol.

2. Vaporizer

Vaporizer WTF

I read in a Swedish review that the smaller koolance setup makes quite a bit of noise, it will make a lot less noise then your delta fans of course but to much for me to accept it.

3. Desert_Siege

I didn't buy the PC2C I think it is....

I bought the PC2-901, the biggest one they have. It was only 10 dollars more than the 601 which was 60 dollars more than the smaller one. I was hoping someone here had some experience with one of these, as most of the reviews I have read are very positive and I just wanted to see if anyone had seen any bad reviews of it. Could you post a link to the site about the noise? That is my main concern and since these systems have similar components, they may share that trait. Thanks for your response.

4. Desert_Siege

Screw what everyone thinks!!!

This system is awesome!! Easy to setup, instructions are great, and the noise is not even noticeable further than 24 inches from the case. And as for performance, I am running an XP 1600+ at 1710Mhz @ 1.98V at 40.1C at idle and 42.3C :D under full load (25 repetitions of Sisoft Burn in wizard and take temp after) and water temp has never been above 32C with the ambient temperature at 24C and did I mention that its quiet!! I love this thing! Best 300 dollars I ever spent. I may add a better waterblock later, as the 200watt Koolance unit I don't think performs as well as it should, but for now I am one HAPPY camper!
    <br>
    <br>If your looking for water cooling and easy setup and a nicely finished product, I don't think you can beat this system for the money. Swiftech makes a kit now too that performs a little better, but it costs 150 dollars more, is louder because the radiator fans aren't thermally controlled like the Koolance and me personally, I don't like having to take my motherboard out everytime I decide to try something new with the waterblock becasue the Swifty block bolts on and the Koolance has a neat ratcheting clip that attaches to all 6 lugs.
    <br>
    <br>Good luck :D