What do you think of Trump?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, May 25, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Well since I'm marooned at the hospital for a while I haven't been able to really tap into the news and I haven't even bothered to search up what the latest is out of the States on the current state of those who are running since the election is so far away anyway but I just thought I'd ask, what do you guys think of Donald Trump?

I think he may be a bigot and all but seeing as he has come back from two bankruptcies (even if it was with the help of government subsidies) he may be the best for the economy right now. I think that is what Americans need to be focusing on and the world really as a whole because way things are now, if things aren't changed around soon we may be in another depression.

So if I was American, and I was going to vote (seeing as I don't vote on principal anyway) I would vote Trump.

Also, while I'm asking what you think of the guy who do you think will win the election, Trump or Clinton? Sanders is a next to negligible force right about now we can probably all agree.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

An average businessman at best, who got lucky more than once. Far from capable to lead the greatest country in the world. Using populist techniques to manipulate the people.
    I seriously doubt he will do even 1/4 of what he says he will if he becomes the next president of the USA.

Still a better candidate than Clinton. Which is sad. If the Democrats have anyone else than Clinton, they might win the elections. If Clinton is the one to run for them, no chance.

All the attacks on Trumps' rallies, all the propaganda and hatred (and yes waving Mexican flags in demonstrations against him), only do good for Trump. When people believe there is an issue with illegal immigration and your strategies to support the presence of those people is to attack those who talk against it, you are only supporting the other side.

One thing is for certain, it's going to be an interesting year.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

and yet bernie is not out of the running.... leave it to widespread media propaganda to suggest that he doesn't exist... specially when he's kicked clintons ass and occasionally both trump and clintons in the polls....

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Quite the understatement! :)

For me, Trump wasn't my first, second, third....or even 16th choice when things first started. I'm still somewhat stunned that he's done what has been done. But, there has to be something there for so many voters to have pulled the lever...or punched the X for him along the way.

That said, I totally am opposed to a H.C. presidency!

And, yes, the primary focus going forward needs to be on getting the economy working ... and GROWING! That can ONLY be done by getting people back to work so that the taxable base is growing.

I also agree that there's very little chance that Trump can actually accomplish even most of the "promises" he's made. But, I do expect he'll somewhat use the "bully pulpit" to get those things most important to him through some way or another. After all, Obama has set the precedent for "executive orders" hasn't he?

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Trump is a moron....

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

An absolute retard that has absolutely no concept of the world at large, let alone politics.
    And that's coming from someone across the pond.

He's gonna bankrupt the states when he's inevitably in power

7. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

8. Judas

To be honest... i think people underestimate what Trump could do and what he knows..... He portrays quite the persona. There is more propaganda around that many than any other, and he's been given the stage, and it's putting on the show.... I'd trust him more than majority of the politicians.... would i vote for him? no.... but he's a man that says a lot of shit, and only says it because he knows it'll get attention.... bad pr is still good pr in his favor.

He speaks his mind in many cases, and others he beats around the bush or blurts out things that are easily considered horrible.... but like i said... he's quite a bit smarter, and more well traveled likely then most of the other candidates ever.... his international rating is really quite incredible between the political officials and business.....

Frankly it's a bit amazing how some people jump to conclusions on what he might do .... or won't do.... when we frankly can't really be sure about anything.

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

News just broke not long ago stating that Trump has sealed the GOP nomination.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

[​IMG]

11. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I think if Trump gets elected even Elmo could win an election in America.

niceguyrichy likes this.
  12. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

first we get trump, next thing is $0.50 or Snoop dog

In any event, if Trump becomes president, America will alienate every and all countries of the world. His attitude towards everyone who is not him, is nothing but insulting.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

America will be fine.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  14. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

pretty much
    another example of what an outstanding prick he is; this is the guy who genuinely believes that climate change is nothing more than 'a Chinese conspiracy'

and ^ that's not just from some of his general verbal diarrhoea, he's been saying it over & over for years.
    I've never heard anyone talk for 10 minutes, during which they contradict themselves completely twelve times, actually be taken seriously for any public position, let alone a relatively important one like POTUS
    just beggars belief

15. Judas

The more shit i hear him say.... the more i'm certain he's saying what the "majority" voter wants to hear in a much more colorful fashion without sounding like a flipflopper or sounding like he's speaking his mind.... there are a few things he does actually say that aren't wrong though but a lot of people don't want to hear.

16. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

17. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Not... necessarily...

[​IMG]

Mousey and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Considering his views on global warming he'll do away with all that's been done the last few years to decrease the CO2 problem. In his view nothing is as important as american industry and that it shouldn't be restricted in such manners that the entire world will go to hell because of it.

19. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

From what I gather, pretty much all American administrations other than Obama's have held that stance.

But what is his actual program? Less taxes, more taxes for the rich, more taxes in general, preventing movement of money into tax heavens? Less government spending, or more spending on infrastructure, education, healthcare, industry stimuli? Fighting illegal immigration or stopping immigration more or less completely? More or less international military involvement, acting through or bypassing the UN?

20. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

honestly, I don't think he fucking knows. his "program" changes minute by minute, speech by speech.

there are some political commentators out there who reckon that Trump got hooked on the publicity that his run for the white house brought, and now he's actually a contender he's pissing himself at the thought that he might actually win and have to back up some of that bullshit he's been spouting.

I'm not sure but they're right actually.

do the Americans who are voting for him really actually realise just what the rest of the civilised world think of them for voting for him, and of him for being..... well, that ???

do they care?

I suspect not. always been a leaning toward isolationism, but that could seriously come back to bite the way the world's economy works these days, if that gimp gets voted in.