What do you use MMC for?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by LioCraft, Aug 8, 2002.

1. LioCraft

LioCraft New Member

Hi there,
    My question is, if I have Win DVD or other movie & music players, do I need ATi MMC for something?, is it better than Win DVD?, do u guys use it?

THX

2. Ryo-Ohki

Ryo-Ohki World Destroyer

I find ATI DVD to have made considerable progress since I first started using it. Also, ATI DVD will be using the decompression capability which comes with most Radeon cards, something PowerDVD or WinDVD can't interface with, I don't think so at least.

Too bad to have that Rage Teather chip and not use it don't you think ? :)

3. LioCraft

LioCraft New Member

The thing is that yesterday I try to watch a movie (.avi file) and MMC hanged...but Win DVD did he work. I'm using the new Catalist 2.2 drivers and new ATi MMC from ATi site....any ideas?

4. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I generally find the DVD picture quality better with MMC than any other DVD software I've used, though Audio is another story. This may change, soon, though, since ATI is teaming up with the people from PowerDVD to provide a better audio codec. No idea when this will reach consumers, though.

I also use MMC for TV, since, well, nothing else works. :p If you don't have a TV tuner on your card, this is a moot point. As for the other stuff MMC can do (video clips, MP3s, CDs, etc), I don't use those features. I basically use WMP for videos and CDs and Winamp for MP3s. MMC for me is just TV and DVD (hey, that rhymes! :))

- Me

5. LioCraft

LioCraft New Member

I installed it but I have no video....is it possible that i don't have the CODECS?, where do you get those?

6. misae

misae New Member