What Games Have You Bought and What Are You Playing

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

So, just the PC release was delayed. NMS is out on PS4, and getting average reviews of 8/8.5 by critics. Users though.... it's a tossup. On one hand it's getting 10s, 9s, 8s... and then the other hand it's getting 5s, 4s, 3s.

2. Nayajay

Nayajay New Member

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I think No Man's Sky is not my cup of tea.

I've been playing tonnes of League of Legends and Pokemon Go while I wait for my new mobo to get here and I can start using my new rig in earnest and basically play better games.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If there's no story, I'm usually not into the game. I see my son and d-i-l playing it and simply don't see the point other than seeing a whole lot of new things.

5. Calliers

Like I said in it's thread on here it's just another Minecraft spin-off except this time you're in space. Lol.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

There is a story, you just are not forced into it.

7. Trusteft

It's not a Minecraft spin-off. It has elements of minecraft, but it is not a spin-off/clone of it. I can't stand Minecraft. I like NMS very much.
    You have specific story, you have the freedom to follow the story or not. You can travel in space and a trillion planets if you so desire.
    You can fight alien spaceships, pirates, raid convoys, trade, etc. You are just very free to do anything or nothing of them. You can focus on mining if that's your thing. Anyone who is claiming this is minecraft in space has obviously either not played the game at all, or played only though the tutorial phases (first few hours).

8. Tipstaff

NMS only has 2 elements of Minecraft: mining and making equipment. That's it. Same as a lot of other "survival" games out there right now such as Starbound, ARK, and so on. If there is any game it's similar to it would be Evochron Legacy. Or now that it has planet landings, Elite: Dangerous.

9. Nayajay

Nayajay New Member

I've just started on minecraft and am thinking about setting up a minecraft server, have been reading about how to do it here and it seems pretty doable. Has anyone else tried this?

10. Tipstaff

I never finished Battlefield Hardline, so I'm trying to do so before BF1 comes out.

11. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

except the game is nothing like their early trailers made it look. Nothing you do will be seen by others (except for the names of things). If you are mining and blowing up a planet or creating a tunnel or whatever, the planet will go back to its original state as soon as you leave it. And that is just one example.

12. Trusteft

I don't even remember the early trailers, thus I don't care about them either way. I don't play online so nothing will be seen by others anyway, so I don't care for that either.
    I don't know how you play the game, but after leaving a planet I don't return to it. There are billions more out there and I am not going back.

13. Calliers

A lot of my friends set up their own Minecraft servers but I've never done so before so sorry.

14. Dyre Straits

I have a nephew (age early 40s) who runs his own Minecraft server. And, I have a grandson (age 14) who has made enough money from selling MC items that he's able to buy his own gaming console and games. :)

15. Calliers

So currently playing Forza 5, and I have to say it is one sweet racing game. It's like a cross of GT and Need for Speed, closest game I can compare it to would be the original Need for Speed: Shift, which I also enjoyed very much.

16. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

MC is standing for minecraft? I might be showing my age here, but how can you sell minecraft items?

17. Dyre Straits

I haven't asked him about it in detail. But, he had told me he was selling things he made in Minecraft. It could be something like this...

http://www.schematicstore.com/seller

18. Calliers

So Forza 5 Motorsport is fun, but I still think GT is better. I'll hold off making a permanent decision about which is better until I play Forza 6 though.

19. Calliers

So been playing Rocket League a lot more now, with my friends, and all I can say is it's a great bit of fun. I just got this car today (as well as bought my friends a car each). :)

My new car, the Triton, mine has different wheels on though:-

[​IMG]

Trusteft likes this.
  20. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Haven't ben gaming much lately, but I did re-do the Half Life Two Episodes 1 and 2. :) They were fun to revisit.

The first one took just under 5 hours and it was less difficult than I remember. I would say that it was short, but then the whole of HL2 was around 15 hours, if I remember correctly. I was dreading a certain point where you had to hold off waves of enemies while waiting for an elevator. In my memory, Alyx would leave you (to keep the elevator going) and you'd fight in pitch black, save for the flares and the battery limited flashlight. It turns out that Alyx actually sticks around, there are minor light sources and well, the enemies were more manageable. I wonder if they changed that bit.

Episode 2 is more substantial and I have to say that there were many things that I forgot so it was definitely worth a replay. The game has many nice moments, interesting set pieces and a lot of the visuals are still decent. I apparently never went through it since I beat it when it came out. At the time, I remember having to drop the resolution on my 17" CRT monitor to 1024x768. I still had a Radeon 9800 Pro at the time. The thing is, at the time and on that monitor, the resolution and the game still looked good! This time around, it was at 2560x1440. Even so, and with 8xAA, when I turned on VSync, the GPU ran at less than half of it's full frequency.

Trusteft likes this.