What Games Have You Bought and What Are You Playing

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ZnMnSe

ZnMnSe New Member

It's January and you probably don't want to know at last what i'm playing. Answer is simple: Nothing now, because my old PC broke down in october last year and haven't had the time to set up a new machine til now. But have planned to play some games when new machine is set up and ready:
    • Alien Rage (simple egoshooter with impressive graphics)
    • Bioshock/Bioshock2 (read about it often, but never played yet)
    • Arcania (it's the Gothic 4. For one who has played Gothic and began playing Gothic 2 some time ago...)
    Last year played through Far Cry 2 (Graphics and KI impressive) and started Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (higher difficulty level than Far Cry 2, interesting steampunk scenes). Also played through Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Another steampunk thing). And some Adventure Series: Sam and Max - The Devil's Playhouse (weird) and Tales of Monkey Island (nice).

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I loved Deus Ex HR. :) Sam and Max do have a weird sense of humour, but I liked the couple of games I've played (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die is permanently free on Steam, BTW).

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Unity. I've just finished the Dead Kings DLC. I'll take my time to polish up my score over the next few days (so far, I have both the main game and the DLC at 98%).

The game has a lot to offer, to fans and new players alike, but it's far from perfect. It suffers from bugs and some bad decisions during development and it's very demanding, but the game world is rich and beautiful.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I just pretty much exhausted all the main and minor objectives of Far Cry 4 and will most likely go next to AC: Rogue.

I actually did complete all of the crafting items not long after I took the included screenshot.

FarCry4 2015-01-17 05-09-19-86.jpg FarCry4 2015-01-17 05-09-34-23.jpg FarCry4 2015-01-17 05-09-53-20.jpg

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Splitting my time between Elite: Dangerous, and FarCry 4 atm.

5. Dyre Straits

Instead of AC Rogue, I've gone with Sniper Elite V2 for now. And, a little bit of SWTOR thrown in.

6. MooN*FiRE

MooN*FiRE Pandemonium Fortress

Red Faction: Guerrilla Steam Edition. I have to play the 10 hours over cause I jumped over a fence and destroyed something I shouldn't have. The game let me do it though but still: Lesson learned the hard way.
    //
    Outcast 1.1. The graphics update is lackluster. It's still a funny game with a nice story.
    TOXIKK Early Access: 1 map and 2 game types it is still fun. The bots still have perfect aim ;). I am having fun though.
    The Detail Episode 1: Pretty good. Interesting story. Max Payne cut scenes.
    Audiosurf 2: I don't like it as much as the first. The longer play times are the only good thing about it.
    Tex Murphy: UAKM & Overseer. I am sure glad I didn't waste 50 bucks back in the 90's for overseer. The game is a disaster. The story isn't good, some of the actors suck. Timed puzzles are not cool. Getting the audio to work was a nightmare.
    Euro Truck Simulator 2: Up to 50 percent of the map discovered.

IvanV likes this.
  7. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

On the PS4
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Resident Evil HD
    Shadow Of Mordor

on the PC
    Sniper Eliete 3
    and I am waiting on Dying Light for the PC

8. IvanV

I've only started Crysis 3. I got it some time ago because I liked Crysis 2, but haven't had the time to start playing. So far, it looks good and seems fun. :)

I'm still playing Assassin's Creed Unity, even though not very much of it. I've done all there is to do in it. I'm playing a bit of co-op, but in all honesty it's not something you'd play over and over again. Heist missions may be a little more fun, because the location of the loot, the deployment of the guards and some details in the map layout vary from one playthrough to another. The player is rewarded for being stealthy with a monetary bonus which starts decreasing each time you are detected and keeps decreasing for as long as you are in open conflict. They are designed to be played co-operatively as well, but most random strangers won't pay much attention to stealth and cooperation, so one might as well do them solo.

9. Fantasma

Fantasma Active Member

well, I have recently played Democracy 3 and I got totally engaged. For those who do not know it, it is a social simulator. You become the president of a country and you have to create laws, how much money goes to statutory health insurance or education. Even you have the reactions of the different social groups (liberals, conservatives, religious, etc.) so that you get elected the next time. It has no graphics at all but it was very entertaining.

I am playing now The Witcher 2.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  10. Dyre Straits

Sniper Elite V3

11. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I'm playing Grid Autosport currently on and off in addition to Star Wars The Old Republic and League of Legends. Started playing Town of Salem a couple weeks ago but quickly lost interest.

12. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I've got stuck with SimCity Buildit on my Z3. To addictive... Not paid a wee bit for it though and I never will. Can play just as well without.

Can't really afford to buy any games right now while I'm studying, money is a bit short until I get back out working again.

13. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

I just finished episode two of Telltale Games "Game of Thrones" game series tonight. I'm a huge game of thrones fan (the books and the HBO series) and was a little nervous about how Telltale would tackle it (though I'm a HUGE fan of their Walking Dead series). I can safely say they've hit it out of the park - It's basically like reading / interacting with any of the game of thrones books but with a new storyline, running concurrent to events unfolding around season 4 (book 3). It tells the tale of the Forrester family - and is chalk full of the political intrigue, surprises, and suspense of the books. Great buy.

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Speaking of Game of Thrones, a Wheel of Time pilot has been released, yay! Hope it becomes a TV show, finally. Was waiting for the Movie, but this is even better!

15. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

yea, and they aired the pilot in the middle of the night with nigh any advertising.
    It probably won't air in NZ, so I'll have a look if I can view it in any other way. I have actually just started the books...

There are so many epic fantasy books that would be awesome if translated to tv-series. I am holding my breath that The Stormlight Archive will be filmed. It is such an incredible story, but because it is still being written (only 2 of 10 volumes are out) i hope filming will start when they are all done (like the wheel of time). At least then they can stay true to the books and don't have to make shit up as with GoT (not that it isn't cool... I am just a book fanboy).

16. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

For few days now I am back into King's Bounty - The Legend. I played it a lot a couple of years ago but never finished it, I couldn't tolerate the grinding. Now I am trying to finally finish it. I hope I make it. It's a good game, but OMG the grinding!

17. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I finally just finished King's Bounty The Legend, for the first time.
    I am not sure how long it took me, but it was a long game lol. Now I will go for the expansion packs/sequels.
    [​IMG]
    image hosting services

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

screen shot on pc

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  18. Dyre Straits

As much of a fan as I am/was of the Tex Murphy series, it was a given that I grab Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure. I'm just totally shocked that it took me this long to even discover that the game was released.

19. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I just purchased Metal Gear Solid - Ground Zeroes. First game I have bought in a couple of years. First time I have ever used Steam and got it for £8. All the games I have been waiting for that should have been released have been delayed for months and probably won't arrive until mid-summer so figured I'd give this a go.

Never played an MGS game before but I saw a video of it late last year and it looked pretty impressive.

20. IvanV

I got the "basic" Humble Square Enix Bundle 2, so far I've only really tried Hitman GO. It's a turn based Hitman game (for Android), and for such a weird description it is pretty neat. I got it mainly for Hitman: Absolution, although the trailer seems to portray it as a game about explosions and stuff, which is weird for a Hitman game.

I also got Hexcells on impulse while it was 70% off the other day. It's a neat little set of puzzles that I've finished in 2 hours. I wish there were more because I found it interesting, but value-wise it was ok for the 0.89€ that I payed.