What Games Have You Bought and What Are You Playing

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I just started a new campaign of Novalogic's Delta Force. Yes the first one. Surprisingly enough it's still very playable in this modern age of FPS.

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Tried the Darkest Dungeon. If you like a hard, unforgiving dungeon crawler (with some XCOM influences) this is right up your alley

Trusteft likes this.
  3. thewasp

thewasp New Member

Amazingly I just got round to buying Destiny (I usually wait until games are a bit cheaper), it's pretty decent but not much soul to it :/ Hoping Halo 5 will be amazing!

4. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Pillars of Eternity. If you liked Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate; rejoice! This is a great story based cRPG :D

5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Something funny happened to me in a League of Legends game a little while ago, I was playing Caitlyn and me and the jungle and my support (played by my friend, we were in skype) killed the enemy ADC, a jinx, and I went "look at da flick o da wrist!" and after that the enemy team got SOOOOOOO salty, they just wrecked us lol.

6. relishape

relishape New Member

I'm currently playing "Tomb Raider" since it is already released in Xbox one.:)

7. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I've just completed Tomb Raider last week. I saw videos of it and it looked too 'scripted' so I didn't bother but I couldn't afford GTAv and Tomb Raider was on sale. It is quite scripted in parts but I loved it, great story, great environments and great protagonist.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm abiding my time waiting for The Witcher: Wild Hunt. In the meantime, I've had several of the older Tomb Raider games sitting in my Steam Games Directory that I've never even started. So, at present, I'm running TR: Anniversary. Just got past the T-Rex battle a while ago and then I think I got lost trying to advance back to where I need to place the Third Gear in the Huge Machine.

FTR, I have completed TR: Underworld and the latest Tomb Raider.

9. Calliers

Was getting launch errors with DOA5+ even after a required game update but an update to the PS Vita software seems to have sorted things out.

10. Calliers

Currently playing Max Payne 3, one of the games I won in the Steam auction last year.

Is it beautiful or what? For such a dated game I am rather enjoying myself, I stopped playing today when I realized I could very well play the whole Story in one sitting (as I reached Chapter VII and the game has fourteen chapters) but for an old game it is a lot of fun. Having finished Max Payne and Max Payne 2 (Max Payne 2 in a day) I thought I just have to finish this game and enjoy the end of Max Payne's journey.

Also I think it has re-introduced me to shooters, was a bit rusty at first but now I'm getting head shots like no man's business. Just like days of old. Good times, good times. :)

@Dyre Straits I also notice what you mean about games being good because of the storyline, for some reason I had lost the ability to be immersed in them. Maybe all I needed was a little break because the love for them has returned. I love the cut scenes and narration in Max Payne, although I do miss the film noir type feel of the old Max Payne games just as much.

Next game on the list once I cross this one off will either be Metro 2033 or Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Dyre Straits likes this.
  11. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If a story....or LOTS of stories...appeal to you, at some point you need to get into The Witcher world. The current one, Wild Hunt, is superb in that department.

Calliers likes this.
  12. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

From sometime today when amazon has delivered my Pre-Order..

Batman: Arkham Knight. Can't wait :p

Calliers likes this.
  13. Trusteft

Tipstaff likes this.
  14. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
    In a Kenworth pullin' logs
    Cab-over Pete with a reefer on
    And a Jimmy haulin' hogs
    We is headin' for bear on I-one-oh
    'Bout a mile outta Shaky Town
    I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck.
    "And I'm about to put the hammer down."

'Cause we got a little ol' convoy

Trusteft likes this.
  15. Calliers

Playing Destiny and Driveclub, sweet games, I had Driveclub from before when I got my first PS4, it's ok but I don't like how there is no story to it.

Destiny is SWEEEET. I love the game, very enjoyable. For anyone that loves shooters (on console) get Destiny, you won't be dissapointed.

16. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Donate at least $1 and receive a copy of Deus Ex HR Director's Cut! click

17. Calliers

Just got Minecraft and I am having a lot of fun in it. Playing with friends, if I had known it was this much fun before I would have started playing it a long time ago lol. :)

18. Calliers

Just bought my first ship in Destiny, a Kestrel Class EX0, sorry couldn't find a better picture.

[​IMG]

Thing was bloody expensive, well for me, and considering ships don't do anything except look pretty (for now) I'm just gonna keep this ship for a LOOOONG ass time. :)

19. Trusteft

For two days now I keep playing Paper Sorcerer. A fun interesting RPG mixing Dungeon Master and turn based japanese style battles. What a game for such a low price!
    http://www.gog.com/game/paper_sorcerer

20. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Papers, please!

The game is jam packed with negative stereotypes about the former Eastern Bloc but it is well executed, with the story and events that manage to get to you, as well as 8-bit like graphics and sound that really make you feel like you're in the early eighties, but not in a bad way.

On my first playthrough, my in game career met an untimely end (ending 4/20). Last night I fared a bit better, but since it was late at night, I started making lots of mistakes. Eventually, I got the ending 16/20, which is almost positive. Now I'm curious to see what other endings are possible if I make some different choices.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015