What happened to x3dfx.com and 3dhq

Discussion in 'General Graphics Cards Discussion' started by skilled2k1, May 4, 2003.

1. skilled2k1

skilled2k1 New Member

Man seems like i take a step out fo the 3dfx community for six months and everyone runs away, so if u guys could fill me in on what happened to x3dfx.com and 3dhq that would be great

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Elite Bastard

3dhq's attempt at starting the new 3dfx failed. Not many details were given, but it sounds like the startup died at the 11th hour. They had funding, ex-3dfx engineers, silicon; yet it all failed.

3. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

Shame really. Too many startups are failing in the PC card space - ImgTec, BB, 3dHQ. Although ImgTec and BB are very alive and working in other markets

4. Talon

Talon New Member

It's a funny thing really. I am the owner of www.3dhq.net, and have been for a few years. These guys contacted me a year ago and made me an offer to purchase the domain name. They were very excited about what they were doing, and then all of sudden, it just died. I got one final email saying they were no longer interested in the domain, and that was it. No explanations, nothing. Oh well.

Talon