What is the best most user frendly anti virus software out there?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Cow_160483, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

I have finally decided to go with Avast! 4 professional edition for the office and have placed an order thanks guys for all the help!!

2. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

Windows server definately i'd use kapersky. If I really want to monitor what the hell is goin in and out of my pc. Apparently avast MMhh? maybe i should get rid of symantec. My temporary IDE is kak slow. Its def gonna affetc my performance. AAAHHHHH I hate this anyone want to hand me an 80gig they dont use.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I haven't tried Avast but of all the many antivirus programs I've run Nod32 has been hands down the best.

4. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

This has got me thinking about my own security situation at home am running "Symantec AntiVirus 10.1 Corporate Edition Client" I have been using it for a while now and am thinking of trying one of the others that i read about here particularly Kaspersky. I wonder how the experience will be?

Ps: do these programs have 64bit and 32bit versions? coz am running XP X64!

5. charm_quark

charm_quark incognito

well kaspersky will do well, as long as configured well, viruses have a pattern of infection i.e registry, boot.ini windows services. so if you configure it properly it will prevent infection, even if your AV is not updated.

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

NOD32 has x64 support, as does avast, for both XP and Vista.

7. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

AVG Free has too many false-positives, in my opinion.

8. sushrukh

sushrukh New Member

It's Kaspersky Internet Security 7 for me.All in one in a small & useful package.

9. Salty85

Salty85 New Member

I have used symantec endpoint protection and never saw a performance hit. Works great, but the retail versions work like crap.

10. raiden

raiden New Member

use Avast, very light on system does not cut the RAM, and very user friendly....and cracks are available easily...detects viruses , spyware, etc etc....regards

11. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Hey take a look at kaspersky antivirus 8.0 It is better than 7.0 and tighten your protection plus it is very easy to use.

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I recently installed Antivir by Avira. If you have the free version then after installing it the only thing you have to do is click on an OK ad message promoting the full version appears whenever it automaticaly updates itself. I imagine if you get the paid version which is cheap, you wouldn't even get that.

13. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

I'm using Norton's Corp Ver 10.1 and it seems to work just fine (home use/retail ver sucks as far I'm concerned). As Judas as pointed out though, safe surfing along with any of these products and your probably good to go. If your getting infected, the problem may not be the software but surfing habbits to begin with.

As you mentioned that your boss was asking you, then depending on what your doing, how many people your looking this up for, a corp or enterprise version is what you should be looking for and that might mean that you get completely different answers here.

Just some thoughts. Good luck picking one out.

Jand.

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

Hey Z, have you by chance given Norton 2009 a run through for performance testing? I've read they claim to have tuned down the resource hogging of their product and I was wondering from someone I believe if it is true... Or do you think Avast is still the best bet out there for 09?

15. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Dunno about you guys but i wouldn't touch a norton product with a VERY VERY VERY long stick :bleh: It embeds itself into your system and is damn near fricken impossible to get rid of

16. lepel

lepel New Member

I've been using avast and hadn't had a single problem yet. Good, light and free software. What more could you wish?

17. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

I remember Norton 2004 when I had to format the drive to uninstall it completely , stupid prog !

18. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Still using ESET Nod32 but this time on Vista 64...still rocks. I also like the ESET Security Suite for the way it handles spam emails.

19. Mourgolikos

Mourgolikos Active Member

I am using right now BitDefender IS 2009. It's very silent with the option of Gaming Mode just pressing a custom combination of keys.
    I have tried many other solutions last year but in the end i bought BitDefender.
    That's just my opinion about the most user-friendly AV.

The best is to download the free trials of the most known AV suits and try by yourself! (As i did)

20. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

Actually Norton has come a long ways and uses next to no resources now. I installed a trial version and was very impressed.