What is the best most user frendly anti virus software out there?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Cow_160483, Sep 19, 2008.

1. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Still has a lackluster virus engine :sigh:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I have been using free Antivir for almost 2 years lost faith in Norton's and Kaspersky long ago. I use this along with Spybot S&D and CWshredder and I have had no virus issues on this build. It works fine on Vista X64 and Windows 7 X64 beta :)

Here is a fix for that ad if your still running it:
    How to Remove the Popup Ads in Avira Antivir - wikiHow

3. RealityRipple

RealityRipple Embrace Entropy

AVG Pro, which you can actually get for free! Download the pro version here, and use the key *****************. It's a bulk 145,000 user license that expires in 2018, and no crack is required. Full protection and updates are available, though the allotted user-count is doubtless filling up, so grab it quick!

I know you only wanted to help out here, but spreading keys for a program that isn't free is not allowed here at DH.

/Your friendly mod Asmoday

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

how in the hell did that license get created?

5. RealityRipple

Not a clue... I've been meaning to research it for a while now...

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

RealityRipple, just a friendly word of warning: if it's illegitimate, whether you know it or not, it's against the forum rules to post it. It's up to you, but it might be wise to remove the key from the post before the mods do... and more.

7. RealityRipple

Is it illegitimate, though? The AVG server accepts it as a completely legit key.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I see a couple of 6 month trial keys but they have expired long ago. On this one where did you get it because corporate keys used for businesses and educational institutions allow multiple registrations.

Just for you own safety Andy you might want to remove that key from your post until you are sure ... just a note from a friend ;)

9. RealityRipple

Thanks for the warning, but I'd rather err on the side of helping individuals rather than protecting my own ass.

I found it on mydigitallife. You can find the blog post by simply googling avg 2018.

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I like to help out as well the source looks legit enough ... anyway it's always your call ;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  11. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

think about it for a second 140,000 x $37.99 CDN funds for a 1yr subscription = $5,318,600.00. I wish i could afford to give away 5 million or $50 million if you multiply that between now and 2018

12. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I was thinking along the same lines .....

13. RealityRipple

Maybe another AV company bought the key and released it to put AVG out of business?

Also, AVG 8 won't be around for 10 years, so I don't think it's quite sensible to calculate it like that.

14. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

erm.. if you buy the key ..... you just simply buy the key...... you can't put a business out of business if it's all be fully paid for...

15. RealityRipple

You really think they'd sell a key for 145,000 seats and charge the same price as individual keys? No one would buy bulk from them. It's the same principle behind Wal-Mart killing companies like Vlasic.

16. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Then why would they provide a license til 2018? Bro your a great guy and that's the reason I posted my concern earlier. Some things that seem to good to be true usually are and this seems fishy to me.

I have been wrong before and openly admit when I am ask the guys here .. this doesn't seem right to me *shrugs*

17. RealityRipple

Because it's a simple ten years away (from 2008)... In a few months, AVG 8.1 will be out, and this key will likely be useless anyway.

18. gn09

gn09 New Member

avg and avast are great. i've used both, currently i'm using avast and it seems light on resources and is no bother whatsoever. take a look at user reviews on download.com and you should see that these two are the most frequently used, with little problems. Avg did have alot of updates however

19. mike2h

mike2h New Member

anybody tried webroot with antivirus? ive been using their spysweeper prog for severa; years now & it seems to do a good job & is user friendly. they added av to it a year or so ago & ive beethibnking about adding it as it wouldonly cost me $10 more. just havent talked/heard from 'real' peeps on how good/bad it is.

20. mike2h

mike2h New Member

anybody tried webroot with antivirus? ive been using their spysweeper prog for severa; years now & it seems to do a good job & is user friendly. they added av to it a year or so ago & ive beethibnking about adding it as it wouldonly cost me $10 more. just havent talked/heard from 'real' peeps on how good/bad it is.