What is the crappiest game you've ever played

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Cow_160483, May 10, 2008.

1. khelben1979

khelben1979 New Member

No.

2. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Thankgoodnes you where not talking about the blizzard Diablo coz i think it was oh so sweet I spent hours playing it.
    Here is another game that the developers should have not wasted their time on "Painkiller":uhoh: what a shity game a realy bad 1.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You sir have no idea what a good game is.

4. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I thought painkiller was really good, what was wrong with it?

5. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

Serious Sam? Painkiller? Man you people have high standards... Painkiller was awesome. Painkiller Overdose, now that's a different story.

Worst game for me? Too many through the years. Atari2600, C64, Amiga, NES, PC... hard to pick one. I'm easy to please. I could never start a game and not finish it. Just have to get through it and even if i end up not liking it after at least i can put my "Finished!" stamp on the game.

Off to play Alien Shooter 2, another great game in the series...

6. khelben1979

khelben1979 New Member

Painkiller stresses the system quite a lot! One of the best action games I've ever played on PC so far.

7. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

halo 1 pc was crappy, at the time the 9800 pro even had problems handling it. Buggy and the gameplay was repititve (fighting the flood, was I going in circles?). Halo 2 multiplayer was awesome, and halo 3 single player just looks stunning on top of fluid multiplayer. Its the only shooter I like better on the xbox than anywhere else (never ever on my ps3).

8. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

FF8.

First ten minutes in? Oh yeah just keep killing the auto level adjusting TRex thing and max level the party, then after that walk down the road play the card game and get the second best weapons in the game within 20minutes of actual story time. Ooops.

:p

There are others that are worse, but bad game design in my eyes is just incredibly poor.

-Syn

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

are you nuts? FF8 was amazing! The fights between the Gardens, end of disc 1 and final fight with Ultimecia. FF10 had a POOR final fight otherwise good game. Once you understand the card game, its kinda like Dominoes. You need it for items to fight Omega Weapon.

10. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

Oh sure, the story was amazing, the card game was simple, entertaining, and good reward for time spent.

My qualm is from a design standpoint. You can literally max level and get the second best gear in the game from within the first 20 minutes of playing the story. That is completely asinine, the rest of the game is easy mode when you do that.

Otherwise, the story itself was really sweet.

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

Trex was not easy at the begining, later around lvl 12 maybe its bearable. You had to sit and draw all the spells. You cannot get weapons like Punisher for Squall within 20 mins lol... It takes time to get the items and craft it

12. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

You can get all of the items you need for his 2nd best weapon from the card game. seriously. and yes you can start in that little area, farm a little, then farm the trex to be maxed out from that very beginning part.

13. Mousey

has anyone played eve online?
    i thought that was complete shite, didn't grip me at all

14. DJ BIG T

DJ BIG T DH FaN BoY

yeah i played it and didnt like it at all...game i dont like is wow once you turn 70 its raids and gear and farm thats it...

15. Mousey

Heh i'm playing WoW atm, i had a 36 gnome warrior but it got perm banned for botting, despite the fact i've never botted in my life. Stupid blizz banwaves.
    Got a gnome rogue now though, it's at 31 :)

16. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

i had a gnome lock from release, it got boring though, ended up leaving, then the expansion came out, tried it, more boring, left again. /shrug once the WoWness wore off, theres not much to the game really.

17. Mousey

My friend just quit after god knows how many years of playing (since release i think), he's moved on to FF Online now as far as i can tell.
    He's got a 63 druid still he says he'll send to me lol, all i have to do is buy some gametime once the free month expires he paid for ;)

18. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

Each to his own I say, I really loved Final Fantasy 8, it was one of the best games of all time according to me, but I can see where sysndicate is coming from, if you combined the t-rex, the card games and some save states on the PC, you got a game that was funbeatable.

19. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

FF online was alright. Eve was ok, but the realtime skill system sucked, AoC is mostly lame, EQ2 was fun, but its gear based so you can get raped pretty easily by other toons with decked out gear..

I miss UO back in the day. That game rocked.

But yeah, As a story and through that aspect I agree FF8 was a good game, I was coming at it from the strict mechanic standpoint. They tried something different, which was nice, but overall it just made the game kinda ridiculous if you had a brain and just farmed for a bit to level up. /shrug

-Syn

20. RSOblivion

RSOblivion New Member

WoW has to be one of the most repetitive boring games ever made and therefore gets my worst game ever tag.

FFX has to be one of the best RPG's ever made but the end boss not being level adjusting was absolutely the worst mistake to make. In fact the whole SIN level should have been level adjusting as well as the Omega Dungeon. Still one of my all time favs just those niggles annoyed me.

I beta tested EVE back in the day and I found it really good except for the fighting which was too automated. However since business tends to confuse me I kinda sucked at the game.