What kind of watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I haven't worn a watch in ages. I quit when I got into construction work and the watch kept getting where it would jam my wrist. I use both hands and I had a sprained wrist more than once. So, I quit wearing a watch.

Interestingly, it hasn't caused me to be late for anything important. ;)

2. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i could see you with an old man's stop watch, however you look lol

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

You mean a pocket watch? One of those on a chain? Yeah, I've thought about it. :)

4. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman

you wear a cell phone around your wrist?? :D

anyway, here's mine (altough the picture doesn't looks as good as in RL)

[​IMG]

And PJ, that oakley watch is one fine watch!

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

sorry pulling an all nighter so i did mean pocket watch. i'm an idiot. and nice watch patje, kenneth coles aren't bad.

ima get myself an esquire next year hopefully

6. Sargentwhitey

Sargentwhitey Has a JOB..

A Guess watch that I picked up down in Jamaica :)

7. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I'd only wear one for its looks nowadays, and except for a mechanical gold that I keep safe I don't have one I would wear for looks. Anyway something for me to remember about watches is not to put them on my right wrist, because then they tend to get smacked into whatever objects. My favorite watch was a russian made metal pocket watch, that I eventually crashed.

8. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

I have a Swiss Watch somewhere, I haven't worn it in so long I'm not sure where it is! I hate the feel of a watch around my wrist.

9. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

I want the Midas Remote Control Watch
    [​IMG]

10. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Watches are more of a useless fasion statement now. I rarely see anyone with a watch, and when I do it always seems to be a useless sparkly one and they are always looking to see what time it is.

That Oakley one is pretty ugly, they make glasses, not watches people.

I rarely see people with useful watches, most times a cell phone does everything for you so a watch is either a present (that you would feel bad if u didn't wear) or a fasion statement.

I've lost about 20 watches so far in my lifetime, some have been expensive but there was only one I missed when I lost it, and that was the one from the 90's with the Star Fox Game on it.

11. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

The oakley one is a bit gawdy....and expensive [$550]....I'm leaning heavily towards the black and red seiko :)

As for it being a fashion statement....yes..it is...but I also use it heavily as I often leave my phone off to avoid calls from work and my mother :rofl:

12. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Just not worth the weight, a 5,000$ watch does the same thing as a 5$ watch. Anything that has to do with fasion or trend is pretty dumb in my opinion. Its like buying something out of peer pressure. I like swiss watches, but I don't think I will ever wear a watach again, o crap I forgot to run this morning.

13. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

I like to have nice things, and yes, I know it's wrong.

I've 2 pairs of Oakleys [sunglasses and prescription glasses], wear Adidas shoes/shorts, have an American Eagle hat, etc....I'm a terrible person for it too, and I know this....I'm just a sucker for nice things, regardless of brand, and a staunch believer in "ya get what ya pay for"

14. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I prefer dishing out a bit extra for a good company watch than a no name to be honest...

15. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I wear a sekonda anologue/digital (hidden untill switched) chrome watch..about 4 year old now and is starting to show it's age.

[​IMG]

16. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I wear cheap 15 buck time x watch :)

17. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Man, the peeps at driverheaven sure do have excellent taste when it comes to watches... :) I just searched for a pic of my Richelieu watch that I had lost and I felt bad when I saw "luxury watches" came up in the search and it was a present from my aunty in switzerland and I wonder what she would think if she knew I lost it, it must have been very expensive for her then I lost it :oops:

But anyway, whether you wear a watch and why depends on you, everyone has a reason, I got a watch coz I don't like carrying my cell out of my pocket each time to check the time, it's too much hastle for me, plus I don't mind having a watch on my wrist, it feels fine for me, except that this one is rubber so it gets a little sweaty underneath there from time to time, but I don't mind, it's got alot of sentimental value to me, and get this, I haven't changed the battery since it was bought almost 8 years ago!!! :D

Da Lorus one was a present for me too, when I finished high school and passed really well my mother got it for me and the Casio was got by her for me as well, had a F-40 somewhere in there between and some other cheap watches as well, but don't remember them except for a nice wooden one I got that got lost sometime when I was a kid. I really liked that one. Lorus is a subsidiary of Seiko so that's cool.

To me watches represent much more than just the time, they are a piece of sentimentality in my life, when I look at them, I remember the good times, and the bad that we have gone through, and it just gives me a "time" to remember what my life's been about so far, I feel good when I'm wearing a watch that I've kept for some time, it's a sort of legacy I don't want to end (like I don't want this Casio's batt life to end and I always keep on checking it everyday to keep on making sure that its still going alright, I want me and it to make 10 years without changing the battery!!! :w00t: although it's time alert on the hour doesen't work anymore and so doesen't it's alarm, but it's still going no strong. :) )

Sandok, Swiss watches, I must say, are some of the best if not the best watches around, the swiss really know how to keep time and make chocolate above all things else, but I still love my belgian chocolate spread nutela!!! :p ;)

And pj, be warned that in some countries they don't bother to take the watch of your hand...they just chop your hand off for easy robbing. ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  18. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Wow you had a Richelieu and lost it?! :lol: Not cool mate! And yeah, I love swiss watches and while Tissot isn't high class luxury, it ain't the bottom rung either and well known swiss company ;) And come on, switzerland is more than just chocolates, coocoo clocks and banks :p

19. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

20. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Nice Yosaif. Yeah, sad man. And I will agree that Switzerland is a great country indeed...you've got the best milk too. :p :lol: ;)

Didn't fidn the picture of my lorus, seems to have been discontinued, but here's one of my w-59, apparently it does come with a ten year life battery. :)

[​IMG]

Very strong, I've banged it all over the place as I grew up. :)

Edit: Costs $8 to $9 now, was around $77 when I bought it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006