What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Yeah, it had funny parts, but it wasn't a comedy. Same way that the whole setting was sci-fi, but it wasn't really a "sci-fi" movie. I'm seriously considering buying it on bluray one day. The more I think of it the more I like it. I think it was more about the journey he took as a person and the relationships he developed than anything else.

2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

"Twinsanity" on Netflix, enjoyed it. :) I love psychological thrillers.

Anybody would want to suggest a good one?

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

The movie I just watched I think you'll love, it is also on Netflix, it isn't a thriller but it's damn good, it's called Now You See Me 2, although you might want to watch part one first. 7/10.

arb65912 likes this.
  4. arb65912

Unfortunately not on my Netflix. Weird.

5. Trusteft

Last night on TV, Red Dawn (the remake).

I can accept some gaps in story, some weird cuts and some jumps in storytelling, but my God, North Korea? NORTH KOREA?
    1/5 stars just for that.
    The 1 star goes to Adrianne Palicki for obvious reasons.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Calliers

We Can Be Heroes, great movie, I enjoyed it, not the best of the best, but fun for the whole family, if you have a family, otherwise a nice movie too if you like super hero movies and the Marvel and DC universe. Lol. 8/10.

Trusteft likes this.
  7. Calliers

Netflix has regional locks on some of its content. Sadly.

arb65912 likes this.
  8. arb65912

I can see now. I wonder why?

9. Calliers

It's due to the rights that they have with production companies.

arb65912 likes this.
  10. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Watched Shadow in the Clouds a few days ago and absolutely loved it the film is a perfect sat night popcorn and beer film, there is one scene that is bad though in fact the whole sequence from "you have no idea how far ill go" to that scene requires a huge suspension of belief and you will know it when you see it in the trailer ...even that though doesn't really spoil the film

I will also say that for about 40 minutes there is basically one extended scene of Chloe Grace Moritz in the under turret of the plane we never really cut away its a loooong dialogue heavy scene and it does not get boring ... fun fun film

any way heres the trailer I highly recommend it

BTW if you want the whole film appears to be on youtube

BTW 2 if you haven't already seen WW1984 ...save yourself and DONT

Calliers likes this.
  11. Trusteft

The Chronicles of Riddick.
    I watched the movie I think 3 times within two weeks when it was originally released. Cinema and all that.
    I liked it a lot. More than most people.
    I watched it again "now" and I have to say while not a perfect movie, it's still pretty damn good. Love the lore, the battles Davalos' ass, everything about this movie.
    Plus one of the coolest evil eh sides in a movie. Space faring empire of necromongers. I mean, come on!

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  12. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I do like CGM even though if you see her in recent interviews, it's clear she has been put through the American college system and been spat out as some woke brat. The trailer looks very much like a feminist wankpiece with the requisite mysogynists being horrible to the wymnz - but our plucky heroine is gonna show those boys!!! Still, I will give it a chance on your recommendation.

As for WW84 - very, very average but watchable fluff IMO. I was one of the people that didn't think the original Wonder Woman was that good other than the inclusion of Gal Gadot who is ideal for the role.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  13. Mr Cairo

Its a film set in the 40's so they are treating her as they would have they dismiss her as a dame and ignore her rank and its compelling, I dont see it as a political or social piece its just a really entertaining film that has themes that are relevant today but I think its spirit is more The Rocketeer or Indiana Jones its just Fun

WW84 is very average but not something I would ever watch again

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

Saw Erased, kind of a clone of Taken in some ways, it is enjoyable but just not on the same level as Taken, the lead actor was probably chosen more for his ability to speak different languages than to do hand to hand fighting, nice flick to pass the time but I probably won't be watching it twice. Took more than one sitting to finish, 6/10.

Trusteft likes this.
  15. Calliers

Just watched Extraction, what a wonderful action movie, lots of hand to hand combat and gun play, and the actors chosen look like they trained well to actually fill the roles they played. Only thing I didn't like was the ending. 8/10.

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  16. Mr Cairo

Yeah that pretty much sums up that film very enjoyable but slight miss on the end

Calliers likes this.
  17. Calliers

Yeah, Chris Hemsworth is an excellent actor, he really gets into his role. Especially in action flicks.

18. Calliers

Watched Boss Level, great movie, but the ending leaves a lot to be desired, it almost seems as if they're not trying hard enough these days for good endings, they're just like "Ah well, we can't be arsed to make a good ending, we'll just cut it short or whatever". Sad really as it would have been a pretty solid movie with a good ending. Still an awesome action sci-fi movie though. 7/10.

Trusteft likes this.
  19. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

So I watched Shadow in the Clouds and didn't totally hate it. It could have been a decent 'tongue in cheek' B movie in the vein of something like The Evil Dead. Some of the things that happen in the movie are ridiculous but the movie seems to be aiming for some level of realism - not withstanding the obvious fantasy element. It would have worked better if it was obvious that suspension of disbelief should be engaged. There was a scene where our heroine was clearly doomed and then through some absolutely insane Deus Ex Machina shit was rescued!

In fact the movie was quite derivative and strongly reminded me of an old The Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner. What killed it for me though was what I feared - it was indeed a feminist wankpiece and the lead character bordered on Mary Sue status - not Rey level Mary Sue but not far away. OK she is an experienced pilot so you would expect her to know her way around a plane but some of the other stuff. The idelogy was obvious and tedious - pretty much all men were absolute twats right from the off. The first words spoken to the dame as she boarded the plane were 'powder room is this way'... points to own cock! It didn't get much better from there. One of the only men who wasn't an absolute nob was the 'black' character :rolleyes:

I'd guess the female director is not long out of college and has pink hair. It's a shame that CGM is likely destined to frequent this type of shit from now on because I'd bet she has fully signed up to this world view.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  20. SyzygySystems

SyzygySystems New Member

I re-watch Police Academy, can't get enough of it...