What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Sleepy Hollow was on TV. I watched it for the 5th time or so, at least that's my guess.
    I like this film very much. It starts feeling like a Scooby Doo episode, but takes a very different turn. That's good as I can't stand Scooby Doo.
    Outside of story and acting, both very good, it's a beautiful film to watch and listen to. Tremendous work done.

Anyway, highly recommend it, if you haven't watched it before.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I am now picturing that film with Scooby Doo in it and in my head its awesome :)

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  3. Trusteft

Last night Justice League. Fun, though not great, movie. Apparently there is also a newly edited one with almost double the length. I don't see me buying it, but if it too is broadcasted on TV, I will watch it.

Few minutes ago the movie Maleficent finished (TV). First time I watched it. What a fun fantasy fairytale movie! I missed the first 10 min or so, but still I couldn't stop watching! What a movie!

Before that, earlier tonight, I watched the movie Proud Mary https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6421110/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    An action movie about assassins etc. Sounded good and two of the actors in it I knew they were going to provide solid performances.
    I wasn't wrong. Taraji P. Henson and Danny Glover were both good. Glover of course was stealing every scene, but that's fine.
    Unfortunately outside of the performances, the movie was weak. The theme was fine, the action sequences were done really well, but...but something about the movie gave a vibe of mediocrity, flatness, boring. It takes a lot of skill to do this.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Saw the latest Mortal Kombat live action movie, very very good. 4/5. It would have been a 5 but you'll see when you watch it why it left a sour taste in my mouth.

The fatalities and brutalities are included. Very well done might I add.

When it comes to why I didn't like it, they had a WHOLE universe of characters to use and they basically go and invent another character. The bastards.

Also no Johnny Cage.

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  5. Trusteft

Just finished watching on TV the 1996 movie, Maximum Risk. With Jean‑Claude Van Damme.
    I was expecting something less....detailed.
    The movie was long, with an actual story, good acting, good action sequences where JC was not a super hero.
    Memorable supporting characters, very good set pieces. etc.
    I am surprised I missed the movie when it first came out in the cinemas. Well, not really as I was in the navy at the time, but anyway. Good two hours which definitely improved my mood.
    Plus you know... Natasha Henstridge... 'nough said.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Trusteft

TV. The Mummy (with Tom Cruise).
    WOW. I did not expect it to be this good or this different from the other recent movies with the same title.
    There were times which was closer to true horror movies. Very well done.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Seriously thought the tom cruise version was extremely interesting and the way it played out was quite good. I really REALLY hoped there'd be a sequel.. but so many people flew off the handle about how terrible it was, meanwhile my family and i just go "what?"

8. Trusteft

I don't know how anyone can watch this movie and think "this is terrible". I just don't.

I'm not a TC fanboy or anything, but I have yet to watch a bad movie of his.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I'm not a TC fan either, but i do agree that all of his movies are usually "good" to "excellent". He's often breaking ground so to speak or throwing out different takes/new spins on something.

I think the people slamming "The Mummy" with tom are just assholes that are hating because it's somehow a terrible thing in comparison to the original mummy, which i thought was interest/entertaining.. but they are fundamentally different movies.

10. Trusteft

TV, Gods of Egypt.
    Well, first of all, what the fudge were people complaining about the ethnic background of the actors?
    Did you see Greeks bitching about having a Scottish man as Greek? So fucking stupid when speaking of MOVIES.
    Having said that, the movie is so close to reality that makes the movie 300 look like a documentary.
    Gods of Egypt is a 100% fantasy film (think of LOTR). FFS, it even shows the Earth as a flat Earth! And of course all of the planet is nothing but...Egypt. Yet they have problem with the actors background...fraking idiots.
    Anyway, I won't go more into this.
    Now, about the actual movie. As I said it's a pure 100% fantasy film, just in ancient Egypt mythology THEME. Not even the real geography of Egypt.
    It was a fun couple of hours of pure "pop corn" fun.
    Beautiful to look at and so unrealistic that the better it looked, the more fake it looked.
    Do I mind? No.
    The two hours went like that and I had a lovely "evening".

Worth watching at least once and perhaps even owning on bluray.

Calliers likes this.
  11. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Lights Out .....Terrifying Moments :)

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  12. Trusteft

I watched A Score to Settle with Nicolas Cage .
    A good movie, any imperfections easily explained by the story.
    Depressing movie perhaps, or optimistic in an almost Christian way.
    Worth watching, just make sure you are not already depressed as I was.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Trusteft

TV. The Intern with Robert De Niro.
    A bit of comedy, a bit of drama. Very watchable.
    Excellent acting from all, especially from De Niro and Hathaway.
    Worth watching if you are looking for something different, something without violence and nudity.
    Relaxing film.
    Easy 8/10.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  14. Trusteft

TV . Independence Day (2) Resurgence.

The second time I watched this movie.
    Not as good as the original ID4, but still ok.
    Had some very positive elements and some not so.
    My main complaint was the final battle where it just made no sense. I mean...it felt less realistic than the ending of the first movie and I think that says a lot.
    I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    Otherwise, I have to admit I was glued to the screen when two actors were in it. Brent Spiner and Charlotte Gainsbourg. Brent because of how excellent he was. Charlotte because not only she was good acting, but I find her so frelling sexy I can't stop looking at her.

Good movie. Not excellent. I do hope they manage to make a third one as they implied. Although I seriously doubt they will.

Calliers likes this.
  15. Trusteft

TV. Nocturnal Animals. With Amy Adams.
    Last night, from 23:50 onwards.
    Almost 12 hours later, I still don't know if I liked the movie, a lot, or not at all.
    It's also kind of open to interpretation as to what happened.

One definite negative thing is that at least the trailer shown on this local TV channel, made the film look...horror with fantasy elements. Which this movie is not.
    It's a mix of thriller, some horror, drama, a touch of romantic and revenge theme movie.
    From a technical point, nothing wrong with it. It's even very good.
    Then why I don't know for certain what to think of it?
    I don't know.

Final grade: 6 to 9 stars out of 10.

Calliers likes this.
  16. Calliers

I watched Shaft, excellent action flick. Samuel L. Jackson is wonderful always and the jokes, they weren't bad. Funny to a point and they captured the bad ass "Shaft" nature perfectly. 8/10.

Trusteft likes this.
  17. Calliers

Nicolas Cage will act in anything, just about anything and I saw Jiu Jitsu not too long ago, not the best movie in the world, I wouldn't call it bad, it just was so so however. The alien seemed I dunno, a bit too advanced for the effects, almost as if they spent all the money on him. 5/10.

18. Trusteft

I watched the movie when it was released at the cinemas and liked it that when the DVD came out I bought it on day one. I was in Plymouth , England at the time. I bought some KFC, got a ride in a tax and off to my place to enjoy the movie and the KFC. I left the DVD in the taxi...

Calliers likes this.
  19. Trusteft

The Wicker man and Ghostrider while not AAA movies, they were not bad. I enjoyed both, or should I say all 3?

20. Calliers

That's sad, Shaft was really good. I wonder why I didn't watch it when it came out, I did intend to but there was so much to watch at the time, and for some reason the trailer doesn't do it justice.

Trusteft likes this.