What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

LOL! They were not mentioned in the movies, the wars happened before the movies. :p

You also have to understand that there have been tons of shows/animated movies/games that have come out too concerning the Star Wars universe. :)

"The Mandalore Plot" is the twelfth episode in Season Two of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. It aired on January 29, 2010 and is the first of a three-part storyline.

LOL! :p

AND SORRY I MEANT TO SAY:

And btw, Beskar, the armor the Mandalorians wear can NOT be cut by almost nothing, including a light saber.

Edit: Wait, that reads right, basically Beskar is almost indestructible.

Can I just say, just because you were born after Windows 3.1 does not mean Windows 3.1 never existed. ;)

I don't know, maybe I might be wrong, but at least I have sources to pull from, not just saying "to my knowledge" and "from my memory" and the notorious "I don't recall". :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I give up. Not worth it.

3. Calliers

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you don't get. A lot of things were added to the general Star Wars universe after the original movies, in games, shows etc. For example even The Mandalorian itself wasn't a thing till it came out, otherwise it never existed. I don't get what's so hard to understand. Seriously. Maybe I'm missing something.

4. Trusteft

1. You said the Mandalorian is 2 seasons and when I told you I am waiting for the series to end, you said it's already finished, why can't I read what you said! "short and sweet".
    Yet there is a third season in the making. To which you replied that sure, but it's focused on others.
    Why don't you just accept you gave the wrong info to begin with instead of trying to find excuses?

2. Then you mentioned how as I "know", the Mandalorians are the natural enemy of the Jedi. To which I asked you, since it was never mentioned in the first 6 movies, if you are sure it was mentioned there. to which you replied "Yes, it is part of Star Wars lore."
    Then you provided links which show nothing as such. THE MANDALORIANS were never mentioned in any of the 6 movies, which was the QUESTION I ASKED.
    Asking you why you provided that link you said "I like how you never read."
    Yet again it is you who gave the wrong information.
    I asked you very specifically if it was information (mandalorians being enemies of the jedi) in the FIRST 6 MOVIES. You kept saying yes providing link which did no such thing as provide any such info. Then you proceed to say information is added to the lore all the time.
    NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK! That's not what I asked you.

FFS, please don't talk to me about this again.

5. Calliers

Well, we don't know for sure if it has ended, that is why I said I might be in the wrong.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mandal...ned-ending-luke-skywalker-boba-fett-baby-yoda

Dude, I said it wasn't mentioned in the movies eventually, I was agreeing with you that it wasn't mentioned in the movies (the originals). For some reason you are very irritable. I'll leave it at that. I even put TONNES of smilies to show you I wasn't taking this in a kind of offence type way. I was wrong about it being mentioned in the original movies, maybe I didn't make that clear enough when I said it wasn't mentioned in the original movies.

Whether or not Boba Fett's adventure will replace Mando's I don't know, but I'm willing to bet it will judging by how it ended.

It's not bad to be wrong, and this time I was in error, you seem like the type who wants an all out confession so I'll make you happy.

I was wrong, it was never mentioned, it's all a lie. Also The Mandalorian never ended.

(What I find strange is that your style of arguing involves no proof, you just fire off what you believe in and that's it, you don't research or anything.) Whether you read this or not is up to you, but I mean if something this small can drive you up the wall this much then I am left aghast.

Edit: Also, this was a debate to me, not an "argument". And next time, instead of "I give up" try saying nicely, maybe even throwing in a smiley saying what I'm missing, because I actually thought what I proffered up was from the movies, try for example saying nicely what you said in the end. I never even knew what you were referring to until then, that is how you properly debate, you don't just yell at each other.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  6. Calliers

After reading everything through again, I realized I have a problem, a bad habit I picked up from posting multiple news stories, I skim over things, without actually reading them properly. If I had read the previous posts and the source material properly then I would have never "not understood". I would like to formerly apologize to @Trusteft for this, from the bottom of my heart. I never once meant to offend or to seem like a dick or anything like that, at all.

Trusteft likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Treated five of my grand kids to "Jungle Cruise" this afternoon at the movie matinee. They all enjoyed it...as did I!

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Going to see The Suicide Squad at AMC this afternoon. Will report later.

Calliers, Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  9. Trusteft

It's the one with Nathan Fillion, right? The only reason I would watch this, but I am not going to.
    Enjoy!

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  10. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I thought it was very Inidana Jones meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets Jumanji ...quite enjoyable but I dont think I would watch it twice

Dyre Straits, Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  11. Trusteft

I think I feel the same for almost every super hero movie of the last 20 years. Thank you for the info.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  12. Trusteft

Back yet?

13. Dyre Straits

Been doing some shopping and CD ripping since I got home. But, yes, I'm back.

I found it quite enjoyable. Most likely not going to see it twice.

However, the female they got to play Harley Quinn could not have been more spot-on! Margot Robbie WAS Harley Quinn.

Trusteft, Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  14. Mr Cairo

In this she was and she was also pretty damn good in the first Suicide Squad movie, the version of Harley she played in the Birds of Prey film however is a travesty

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  15. Trusteft

Hey, don't knock it till you try it!

(sorry, I just woke up, not the best joke)

Calliers likes this.
  16. Mr Cairo

LOL im glad you said it :)

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  17. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

What are good movies on US Netflix?

Please just name them, I will sure watch, no matter what style, just good movies. :)

18. Calliers

- The Old Guard
    - Bad Trip
    - Inception
    - Hugo
    - Thunder Force
    - Alita: Battle Angel
    - Battle: Los Angeles
    - Outside the Wire
    - See you Yesterday

There you go, to start, all those are sweet movies and there should be something in there that you haven't seen already. :)

arb65912 likes this.
  19. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much my friend!!!!! I will start watching soon and share my opinions/feeling here. :)

Calliers likes this.
  20. Calliers

Sounds good!

arb65912 likes this.