What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I will admit the last 40 minutes or so are quite entertaining and seemed to capture the right spirit but it felt like to little to late. It is worth finishing though.

Calliers likes this.
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

My son, d-i-l, and I went to see, The Batman, in IMAX this afternoon. Although it was a nearly 3 hour movie, it didn't seem to be that long. A lot of "history" about Bruce Wayne is divulged in the movie. And, characters, Riddler and Penguin, are included. A very interesting take on The Batman.

However, I'm an old, old-timer and grew up with Batman and Robin. I must have lost track as to when Robin disappeared from the series. I know a movie was made in 1997 that included Robin.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

My Son and I also saw this and really liked it, yes its a tad over-long but for me this is the best iteration of Batman on screen yet intimidating, Brutal and also a Detective I thought he was really well put together.

His Bruce Bruce Wayne is a little to Emo for me, Riddler was more serial killer than Puzzle master but this is the start of their career so fingers crossed they will evolve

Hands down the best introduction of the Batmobile to date that was just AWESOME

Robin - Syders Justice league had Robins Joker damaged costume in the Batcave and other than that he has been out of the films for a while.

Also watched the ADAM PROJECT on Netflix and that was a fun turn your brain off and enjoy the ride type of film with a superb turn from the kid playing the young Ryan Reynolds. Highly recommend this if you enjoyed Free Guy.

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  4. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

No Exit

A decent low budget thriller with some nice twists and turns. There's something I like about frozen landscapes and stormy weather. Very atmospheric and lends itself well to stories about being isloated. Here we have a young woman who finds herself on a urgent journey to her ill mother only to be trapped by snow and marooned with random strangers. Then to make a sinster discovery.

Mr Cairo, Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I watched The Adam Project and was pleasantly surprised, it was much better than I thought it was going to be, definite recommendation especially if you like Ryan Reynolds and if you liked Free Guy like has been said already. 8/10.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Mr Cairo likes this.