What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

What makes the new ghostbuster movie so bad is that it's absolutely filled with stereotypes and prejudices. The old one were as well but it was another time when they were released, this movie is 30 years to late.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I would like to watch the new ghostbusters movie but I just refuse to give them 1 cent. The director and that boring as fuck Melissa McCarthy did nothing but patronize, talk down, call names, the fans of the original movie. They can both go fuck themselves. I am glad this has failed.

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

So I finally watched Captain America: Civil War, and I rather enjoyed it. I had been stalling for some reason, I just wasn't impressed by the trailers. But I did like the movie, especially the wise cracks by some of the characters in the show. It certainly was better than I was expecting.

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

just watched The Lucky Dog, Laurel & Hardy's first film together.

only 15 mins, but still counts

Dyre Straits likes this.
  5. Calliers

Just watched The BFG and it was just as good as when I read the book as a child, all those years ago, such a feel good story, if you're down and you want something to make your day, just watch this movie, it is so worth it. :D

6. Calliers

Finished watching X-men: Apocalypse and I thought it was a smashing movie. I really liked how it ended. Man so many good movies out right now, was thinking of renting Nerve, it looks interesting, one of my close friends recommended it to me and I think it will be the next one on my list of movies to watch.

Tipstaff likes this.
  7. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I watched Inferno with a friend two nights ago. It was made after a novel by Dan Brown, the story has an interesting idea at its core, even though it doesn't go into any deep analysis, the plot is decent and the setting of the film is beautiful as it mostly takes place in Florence. I don't really like the short takes/cuts that the film uses in a couple of places (once to portray a state of mind and the second time to cover up the fact that they haven't choreographed the big fight scene properly), but other than that, the cinematography is fine.

It's not a great film, but it was interesting enough that it held our attention and that we wanted to discuss it after the show and we both went home satisfied, so, if you're looking for something to watch, it's worth considering, but not a "must see".

8. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I started watching Swiss army man. I saw about 30 minutes, then I was so grossed out I couldn't continue.

9. Calliers

Yes saw the trailer of Swiss Army Man, looked quite strange, I think I'll pass.

Just watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, wonderful movie. Must watch especially if you were a fan of the cartoon when you were younger.

10. Calliers

Watched ARQ on Netflix, if you're into science fiction movies, check it out. It's quite refreshing.

11. Trusteft

I watched Analyze That. First time since the original release. It was like watching a new movie. Some good jokes, good acting. I still prefer to watch Goodfellas.

Tipstaff likes this.
  12. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I was sitting there watching Apocalypse talking in a scene, and thinking, "You know, this guy reminds me of the guy that plays Poe from Star Wars VII." Turns out it IS the same guy.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Calliers

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night and whoo was that a great movie or what, even though most of the action happens near the end it is still a great film. Highly recommended.

14. Calliers

Watched The Call Up, it wasn't the greatest movie in the world but I do recommend it if you're a gamer especially if you like FPS games.

15. Calliers

Time for a triple post!

Watched Spectral, very good movie. I quite rather enjoyed it. :)

16. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Just got my ticket to see Rogue One at 7:30 p.m. in 3D.

Calliers likes this.
  17. Trusteft

Just finished the latest Judge Dredd movie.
    It was good. It was VERY good.

Calliers likes this.
  18. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Yeah Judge Dredd was extremely well made, very good to the original comics.... and yet so many people seemed to hate it... and think the pile of shit that Stallone was involved in was much better. I really desire a 2nd dredd, with the woman who was with him to be part of it as well.

I tried to talk to Karl Urban... but every damn time he was scheduled at the con.... he'd cancel days before....

19. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I agree. I rather liked the new one. And Olivia Thirbly did a decent job of playing Judge Anderson.

Mind you, while the movie was decent, I would have liked them to intro her like they did with the comics, which was during Judge Death's attacks on the city during the Dark Judges story line. Personally, I'd love them to do that story for the next film, and it would be a good excuse to have both characters in it again. If they can get both actors.. that'd be sweet.

20. Calliers

Yes that Judge Dredd movie was pretty darn good. Like Judas said the execution was perfect.